Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Scrolling Employee Name Using (Timer) On Oracle Form (Window 8 , Oracle data base 11g, Oracle Form 11g)
Scrolling Employee Name Using (Timer) On Oracle Form [message #626061] Mon, 20 October 2014 04:49 Go to next message
Nasir.azeem
Hi Experts,
i want scrolling employee name on oracle form as like:
when i open a new form then employee name move up like scrolling up.when all name slide up then repeat again this process.
how it can possible using when timer expired trigger. can any one help me please. i hope all of you understood my requirement.

sorry for weak English.

Regard

Nasir Azeem.
Re: Scrolling Employee Name Using (Timer) On Oracle Form [message #626092 is a reply to message #626061] Mon, 20 October 2014 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
While I'm not sure what benefit this provides, the answer to your question is Yes - a Timer could perform this. Something to keep in mind when using a Timer is that for the moment the Timer executes - the current Focus in your Form changes and doesn't always return to the same place you were before the timer executed.

You would create a repeating timer and use the Next_Record() or Go_Record() built-ins to perform the scrolling. You will also want to check to see if you are at the last record in the block to you know when to start over at the first record. I see using the :SYSTEM.LAST_RECORD variable as a potential problem so you might want to use the Get_Block_Property() built-in to find out what the Max_Records_Fetched() amount is for the block so you can keep track of where you are and when you've reached the last record, then start over. I can think of a couple of other ways to do this, but I think this the approach I would try first.

Craig...
Re: Scrolling Employee Name Using (Timer) On Oracle Form [message #626108 is a reply to message #626092] Mon, 20 October 2014 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nasir.azeem
Dear sir
i will want to understand whole process in detail.can you understand me in detail? how it can perform.
Re: Scrolling Employee Name Using (Timer) On Oracle Form [message #626150 is a reply to message #626108] Tue, 21 October 2014 10:20 Go to previous message
mughals_king
Simply scrolling a name is not an issue you can do it by creating view & timer but i don't think your requirement is finish here my question is to you
are you trying to make a electronic balloting system in that you wanted to choose a winner randomly from those scrolling data or you want a simply scroll a data without randomly.

Regards
Mughal
Previous Topic: when-validate-item Issue
Next Topic: DATE FORMAT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:26:55 CDT 2024