Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » user define message should populate (oracle 10g forms,EBS R12.)
user define message should populate [message #625759] Tue, 14 October 2014 00:37 Go to next message
asrar
Dear All,

I have created two frames in content canvas first frame display department,year from 1st view and WBP click its displaying data in second frame
now its working fine .....

when i click WBP based on dept,year data is populating in second frame if no results found then it should display an alert message for user..

please suggest what code and where it should be return....

Re: user define message should populate [message #625761 is a reply to message #625759] Tue, 14 October 2014 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Check it at the end of the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger; after you fetch data into the second frame (how do you do that?), see if there's anything there. For example:
<your current code goes here>
<fetch data>
--
-- Now, check the result:
if :second_frame.some_item is null then
   <raise an alert>
end if;
Re: user define message should populate [message #625762 is a reply to message #625761] Tue, 14 October 2014 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asrar
sorry to say user define message should be shown at the form. shall i create an alert then how?
Re: user define message should populate [message #626178 is a reply to message #625762] Wed, 22 October 2014 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asrar
Dear All,

i am new to oracle forms 10g &execute form on EBS R12.
i had a hr view for service years awards people based on passed to_date it should have to calculate length of service in years,months,days based on hiredate...
in pl/sql developer tool query its working but i want show in front end oracle design form with fields when i passed the to_date & say execute query it should populate all column data according to it.

i need code ...

aprreciated for early results.
Re: user define message should populate [message #626179 is a reply to message #626178] Wed, 22 October 2014 07:37 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you already have a query that calculates those values, fetch them into a form with the POST-QUERY trigger.
Previous Topic: DATE FORMAT
Next Topic: Duplicate Record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:22:37 CDT 2024