Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » certain form problem (developer, 9i, windows server2003)
icon4.gif  certain form problem [message #623918] Tue, 16 September 2014 04:32 Go to next message
maen
when I try to save specific form (not all just one) in forms builder (9i) on windows server it gives :

the instruction at "0x663f2cc4" referenced memory at "/forum/fa/12166/0/0x00000005". the memory could not be read [ifbld90.exe] *image attached*

BESIDES

the form could not be opened in the system menus and gives:
FRM-92101: there was a failure in the forms server during start-up. this could happen due to invalid configuration.

This happened after I opened that form & made little simple changes in a trigger button.

the strange thing is that all forms and system forms work normally except this one.so I don't think there is problem with Java nor registry.

I wish someone could help about this.
  • Attachment: IFBLD90.JPG
    (Size: 19.19KB, Downloaded 1684 times)
Re: certain form problem [message #623937 is a reply to message #623918] Tue, 16 September 2014 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
We need more details about your form. How big is the .fmb file. Can you open the file on a different computer?
Quote:
This happened after I opened that form & made little simple changes in a trigger button.

What changes were made?
Quote:
when I try to save specific form (not all just one) in forms builder (9i) on windows server it gives :

Forms 9...this was the first release of "Web Only" Forms. Which version of Windows are you running Forms on?

Craig...
Re: certain form problem [message #623971 is a reply to message #623937] Wed, 17 September 2014 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maen
Hello CraigB, thanks for your attention.

the system is windows server 2003, and I'm working through remote desktop as administrator.
the FMB file size is about 1 MB only.

the changes I've made are editing a simple equation, and btw I tried the old form before editing and still same error.
it crashes and exit from forms builder once I click any button on that dialog box attached.

the photo attached is error msg shows up when I try to open form from main system menu, it appears just on this form.
/forum/fa/12168/0/
  • Attachment: 92101.JPG
    (Size: 16.02KB, Downloaded 1595 times)
Re: certain form problem [message #623976 is a reply to message #623971] Wed, 17 September 2014 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maen
Hey dude CraigB .

the big thing i've found about that is this problem happens when I press ( compile Module) , cause when I tried to revert the module it goes right, but when I press compile module it returns back.
I'm happy we could shrink the problem area to this far.

any suggestions !!
Re: certain form problem [message #624067 is a reply to message #623976] Wed, 17 September 2014 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Looking up the FRM-92101 error - there are two typical causes of this error. The first is an invalid working directory specified. You can check the application-deployments/formsapp/application.log for any "Unable to switch to Working Directory" messages in the log file. If you don't see any of these messages in the log file then check to see if the FORMS_TIMEOUT and heartbeat parameters don't match. If you find they are different, make them the same.

These are Oracle's suggested troubleshooting tips. The fact that it is only this one form that has the problem suggests to me that it is an issue with the one form and not a configuration issue. I would look at any attached libraries to ensure they do not have a HARD PATH to the library specified. You can check this by opening the Property Pallet of any attached libraries and look at the PL/SQL Library Location property. If there is more than just the name of the library in this property, you will need to remove and reattach the library without saving the path.

I've also found this issue can be caused when the Form has a newer instance of a PL/SQL library attached than what is stored in your Library folder (if you have one) that is listed in your FORMS_PATH. You may just have all of your Forms executables in a single directory - if this is the case you won't have a Library folder. In any case, double-check to see if you have all the correct versions of any .pll/.plx files in the FORMS_PATH directory.

Hope this helps,
Craig...
Re: certain form problem [message #627212 is a reply to message #623918] Sun, 09 November 2014 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maen
Hello CraigB
I'm sorry for not responding I've been in a fuss Wink

Regarding our problem I went back to old backup folders & took the FMB,FMX for that form then put them in the directory & it worked again well but without the new editing I need.
However; I still want to make a small edit in a trigger, but the problem insist to come back again.

I don't know where to start, it seems there is something inherited (common) in the form can't take new editing without effecting the origin thing, something like this maybe I don't know.

thanx again

Re: certain form problem [message #627319 is a reply to message #627212] Mon, 10 November 2014 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
When you look at the objects in your form with the Object Navigator do any of the objects have a little red Arrow on them? If yes, that red arrow tells you that this is a Subclassed Object. Forms Builder needs access to the Form (.fmb) or Object Library (.olb) where the original instance of this object exists so it can read the properties of the object from the original. Also, if your Form has attached libraries, try removing the attached library and re-attaching the library. Then use the "SAVE AS" option to save your form into a new file. Let us know what happens.

Craig...
Re: certain form problem [message #627346 is a reply to message #627319] Tue, 11 November 2014 03:05 Go to previous message
maen
By the way, there is a form very similar to this one in its function and I checked the structure of it & compared them regarding blocks, attached libraries, forms main triggers,object groups, program units......... there're very similar in everything ,even by inherited (red arrow) items. So i tried editing the good one & it took the edit successfully without errors.
as a result of this; it seems inherited (red arrows items) are not responsible problems cause if so,the good form wouldn't edit & save successfully.

thanx
Previous Topic: numeric error return date
Next Topic: OCX object unloads at run time problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:16:18 CDT 2024