Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » detail and summary report (Report 6i)
detail and summary report [message #623240] Sun, 07 September 2014 04:43 Go to next message
m.abdulhaq
i have a detailed and summary report combined together in one report (rdf), the first frame containing detail data will bring all the data from table X ( machine_code,batch_no,QTY) , I created another summary query from the same table and displaying it as
summary at below page as machine_code,sum(qty) , now the problem is i want to print one batch per page and when i run the report all the batches will appear.How can i print only one batch per page
Re: detail and summary report [message #623241 is a reply to message #623240] Sun, 07 September 2014 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
See what "Page protect" and "Maximum records per page" frame properties do.
Re: detail and summary report [message #623255 is a reply to message #623241] Sun, 07 September 2014 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adeel Qadir
As you see attached screen shot,
i open 4 reports at the same time but only 1st report preview and other 3 in waiting
how can i preview these reports at same time ?

http://i57.tinypic.com/33kqjhs.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 07 September 2014 08:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: detail and summary report [message #623256 is a reply to message #623255] Sun, 07 September 2014 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know.

Is this question related to your previous question?
Re: detail and summary report [message #624903 is a reply to message #623255] Sat, 27 September 2014 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
I think This will help you to run Multiple reports Simultaneously.

you can run multiple reports in 6i by opening and accessing the RWRUN60 direct from the HOST command. So, it will not open the Oracle Background Engine. It will run report directly in previewer.

If i remember correctly the way will be similar to the below...
HOST('RWRUN60 MODULE=REPORT_PATH\REPORT_NAME USERID=USERNAME/PASSWORD OTHER_PARAMETERS...');
See one example below.

For mentioning username and password:
Actually while calling the report through command line it will ask for the user id and password. You can not eliminate this. And as you said that you don't want to fix the user id and password i would also prefer this. But there is an idea about this. That before calling the statement through host. Just declare two variables and get the logged in user and password through SET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY built-in and use those variables while calling the report through command line. So, it will not be fix it will be dynamic will depend on your form's login user.
Second question is can I use a parameter list name in the command line instead of defining all parameters by itself ?
I don't think you can send parameter list while calling report through command line. You will have to send individually parameters. Actually if you note it is same like when you call the report through RUN_PRODUCT built-in. There you assign all parameters in parameter list and here in this method you will pass directly. So, both the ways are same i guess.

Hope you understand.
-------------------------------------------------
Another Tickel:
Running Multiple Reports at a time

By adding this parameter , while calling your report will disable the reports
background engine and u will be able to run multiple reports in reports 6i.

Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'ORACLE_SHUTDOWN', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'YES');
Re: detail and summary report [message #625001 is a reply to message #624903] Tue, 30 September 2014 03:18 Go to previous message
hahaie
Where is Report Background Engine?run away?
Previous Topic: REP-50159: Executed successfully but there were some errors when distribute the output
Next Topic: REP-1241: Circular column dependency originating with column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:28:52 CDT 2024