Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR
ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622628] Thu, 28 August 2014 03:36 Go to next message
Rizwi
Dear Brother,

I have made one form..form is running and also execute and also saved.but i have one issue

in a ENTER QUER MODE CURSOR NOT navigate..my form is master detail form,,in master form

have date ,list item,qty and in detail bolock some of column item code,rate,amout ..but

in enter query mode first cursor go to date text item(Master form) and then list item(BWOOD) after cusor not move to another block..how to work pls tell me boss

PLS HELP ME...TABLE IS

CREATE TABLE X3_BNKTRMST
(
BDATE DATE,
BWOOD VARCHAR2(12 BYTE),
DIS NUMBER,
MBNKNO VARCHAR2(2000 BYTE)
)

CREATE TABLE X3_BNKTRDTL
(
DBWOOD VARCHAR2(12 BYTE),
ITEM_CODE VARCHAR2(15 BYTE),
ITEM_NAME VARCHAR2(2000 BYTE),
QTY NUMBER,
RATE NUMBER,
AMOUT NUMBER,
DBNKNO VARCHAR2(2000 BYTE)
)

also give tu you EMAGE..I give to you form

PLEASE HELP ME
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622636 is a reply to message #622628] Thu, 28 August 2014 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
When you are in enter query mode, you can't navigate out of current block. Therefore, there's nothing you can or should do.

Anyway, there's no problem in it either: as this is a master-detail form, querying the master block will also retrieve records into its detail block. Afterwards, you can further refine the result set in the detail block by entering query mode, filling desired detail block items and executing query.
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622637 is a reply to message #622628] Thu, 28 August 2014 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Please read and follow How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read?

You can't change datablock in enter-query mode.
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622655 is a reply to message #622628] Thu, 28 August 2014 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rizwi
Dear Brother,

master block date,list item,no and detail block item code,desc,rate and value...just open
form insert master aur detail bolock data finallay saved ..no problem but second time F7
means Enter Query mode then cursor go to Date text item and Enter then go tu LIST ITEM after
cusor no navigation..display error..not move tu any other block.Pls help me brother..and pls
check screen shot...

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2014 05:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622664 is a reply to message #622655] Thu, 28 August 2014 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Rizwi

display error

Which error (there's no screenshot attached).

Just in case you didn't understand what we told you (twice): when you are in query mode, you can not change blocks.
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622665 is a reply to message #622664] Thu, 28 August 2014 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rizwi
Dear Littlefoot

Please send me gmail id .i want to send form..

With Regards
Rizwi
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622668 is a reply to message #622665] Thu, 28 August 2014 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, but that isn't possible.
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622669 is a reply to message #622668] Thu, 28 August 2014 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rizwi

not possilbe i do not understand...
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622670 is a reply to message #622669] Thu, 28 August 2014 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I will not give you my e-mail address, so you can't send me anything. That's not the way forums operate. If you need consultancy (paid, of course, not for free), you'll have to find someone else.
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622671 is a reply to message #622670] Thu, 28 August 2014 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rizwi
At least you give guide master Detail block

if you have master form---

date,listitem,invoice no,

Detail Block you have

Item Code,Item Name,Qty,Rate,Amout,

------------------------------------
open the form.form is open then you insert the every thing finally data save.

ok boss

but second time press F7(Enter Query mode).inser the master form curgo to
List Item then cusor do not move and also write NEXT_BOCK..NO move boss.
do not go to next bock means Detail Block...i feel you clear my issu.

Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622674 is a reply to message #622671] Thu, 28 August 2014 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I believe I understand your problem, but it seems that you don't understand what you've already been told.

I'll try for the last time: when you enter query mode in master block (i.e. press F7), there's no way to navigate out of current block and set focus into any item that belongs to another (detail) block. You can't go to the detail block: not by using your keyboard, not by pushing the <Next block> button in Forms toolbar, not by coding NEXT_BLOCK. You just can't do that, unless you exit query mode.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, I'm afraid I'll leave this discussion and let someone else explain it to you.
Re: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR [message #622686 is a reply to message #622674] Thu, 28 August 2014 08:27 Go to previous message
CraigB
You've placed your Master block in Query Mode (F7). This means you want to use your Master block to Query a record. After entering search criteria in your Master block you must press F8 to execute your query or you must Cancel your Query Mode (F4 if I remember correctly). You cannot query more than one block at a time when in Query mode. Please take a look at the Forms Help topic on Query Mode for a full explaination of what you can and can't do in Query mode.

Craig...
Previous Topic: ENTER QUERY MODE
Next Topic: questionnaire online
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:13:55 CDT 2024