Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » questionnaire online (forms 6i)
questionnaire online [message #622556] Wed, 27 August 2014 10:33 Go to next message
chinoclo
I'm trying to create a questionnaire with multiple answers forms 6i (check box)
But when creating the questions must be related to a flowchart, because depending on the question marked is the fol
I have a couple of ideas but what if q creeara new questions would have to recreate the forms
appreciate any help
Re: questionnaire online [message #622584 is a reply to message #622556] Wed, 27 August 2014 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Here's what I think: create two tables - one that contains questions, and the second one that contains answers to those questions (master-detail relationship). All questions should have the same number of answers (say, 5 of them). Why? Because it'll make the form a lot simpler as you won't have to hide/display items dynamically.
The third table would contain answers (foreign keys to both previously mentioned tables).

A form would replicate such a model: one block with questions, another block with answers (both blocks query-only), and the third block with answers/checkboxes.

When the form starts up, execute query so that blocks are populated with the first question and its answers. Let the user make his/her choice. Once they are done, they would push the "Next question" button which would, effectively, do NEXT_ITEM call and move to the next question.

If you ever want to add new questions, no problem - just add new records to master-detail tables and you're ready to go.

If possible, try to write full words. I'm not sure what "the question marked is the fol" means, nor what "what if q creeara new questions" is so - sorry if my answer isn't what you expected. That's partially because I didn't understand what you are saying.
Re: questionnaire online [message #622695 is a reply to message #622584] Thu, 28 August 2014 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chinoclo
And if I wanted to display all the questions, while marked (checkbox) is enabling go according to a flow chart
Re: questionnaire online [message #622697 is a reply to message #622695] Thu, 28 August 2014 10:06 Go to previous message
chinoclo
"I have a couple of ideas, but what if you create new questions Would have to recreate the forms"
when new questions are created can be associated as a flow chart, because depending on what you select a different route anger
Previous Topic: ENTER QUERY MODE NOT MOVE CURSOR
Next Topic: How to create LOV or record group?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:16:32 CDT 2024