Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Please, who know, give an info how to create and run parralle program (10.1.2.0.2)
Please, who know, give an info how to create and run parralle program [message #621453] Wed, 13 August 2014 08:08 Go to next message
alex_shynk
It needs to create parallel program and run use trigger "WHEN-BUTTON_PRESSED" for button on my form.

Please, who know, give link for the information.
Re: Please, who know, give an info how to create and run parralle program [message #621454 is a reply to message #621453] Wed, 13 August 2014 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Please try to restate your question using proper grammar so someone can tell what you are asking.
Re: Please, who know, give an info how to create and run parralle program [message #621495 is a reply to message #621454] Wed, 13 August 2014 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think that Forms is capable of processing anything in parallel. Consider using Oracle schedulers (DBMS_JOB or DBMS_SCHEDULER) which can be called from a form.
Re: Please, who know, give an info how to create and run parralle program [message #621624 is a reply to message #621495] Fri, 15 August 2014 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
Littlefoot wrote on Wed, 13 August 2014 15:15
I don't think that Forms is capable of processing anything in parallel. Consider using Oracle schedulers (DBMS_JOB or DBMS_SCHEDULER) which can be called from a form.

I totally agree with my friend littlefoot.

Oracle programming language is a procedural language so I think even DBMS_JOB will also not run two different PROCEDURE / FUNCTION parallel at the same time.

But.... I strongly believe that a good software developer shouldn't have the word "Not Possible" in his/her dictionary. With a good logic all is possible.

Quote:
alex_shynk

I think my friend here alex_shynk should explain more what he wants to do.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 August 2014 00:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please, who know, give an info how to create and run parralle program [message #621626 is a reply to message #621624] Fri, 15 August 2014 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
azamkhan

I think even DBMS_JOB will also not run two different PROCEDURE / FUNCTION parallel at the same time.

Why not? You schedule two, three, any number of procedures to begin at the same time. There's no problem in that. But, performance might be jeopardized if hardware can't support that many simultaneous procedures to run smoothly (for example, you run out of RAM so there's swapping to HDD; or, a single core processor which works 100% and doesn't allow you to do anything else, etc.). In that case, parallelism you applied is - actually - a drawback as you made things worse than they used to be. It just depends.
Re: Please, who know, give an info how to create and run parralle program [message #621628 is a reply to message #621626] Fri, 15 August 2014 02:26 Go to previous message
azamkhan
ok got it.
Previous Topic: Size of Blob Column is high
Next Topic: Date Format Mask in Oracle forms 10G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:59:33 CDT 2024