Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Message popup (Forms6)
Message popup [message #619122] Fri, 18 July 2014 03:51 Go to next message
Iwona
I am using Forms 6 and I have got problem with message that is related with validation of text field with mask in form.

I use mask "FM9999" (the field is type: number). When I put letters instead of digits after exiting the field, the message with error information appears as popup window on the screen. But I need to display the error information ONLY in the status bar.

I think that probably that should be any properties for solving the problem but I cannot find it...

If you know the solution, please help ....
Re: Message popup [message #619132 is a reply to message #619122] Fri, 18 July 2014 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I *think* that errors trapped by Forms itself are raised as alerts (which look like pop-up windows you described); you can't change that.

However, if you trap errors by yourself (maybe with the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger on that item, or ON-ERROR and/or ON-MESSAGE block/form level triggers), you can decide what to do: raise an alert or, as you want, display a message in the status line).
Re: Message popup [message #619309 is a reply to message #619132] Mon, 21 July 2014 06:12 Go to previous message
Iwona
Hi

thanks for your help.
Previous Topic: Please, give the name of the trigger
Next Topic: insert a record into database upon pressing a Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:09:58 CDT 2024