Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » How to extract data from a 'file' datasource with spaces in column headers in ODI (11.1.1.7)
How to extract data from a 'file' datasource with spaces in column headers in ODI [message #618104] Tue, 08 July 2014 00:47 Go to next message
jainricha
Hello All,

I am trying to do a File to Table Mapping. The source file has column headers with spaces, for instance, column name is like HOME NATURAL ACCOUNT.So while running the Interface, it's throwing error like :

ODI-1227: Task SrcSet0 (Loading) fails on the source FILE connection Linux_Server_File_Path.
Caused By: java.sql.SQLException: ODI-40481: Invalid COL ALIAS ""NATURAL ACCOUNT C4_HOME_NATURAL_ACCOUNT"" for column "HOME"

The source file shouldn't be altered. So is there any other way out to read the file, without altering the existing file columns.

Thanks.
Re: How to extract data from a 'file' datasource with spaces in column headers in ODI [message #618146 is a reply to message #618104] Tue, 08 July 2014 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I was going to suggest you to rename columns in the file (or, at least, try to enclose them into double quotes). As you can't modify the file, I don't have any other ideas.
Re: How to extract data from a 'file' datasource with spaces in column headers in ODI [message #618169 is a reply to message #618146] Wed, 09 July 2014 00:21 Go to previous message
jainricha
Thanks for your response. The only alternative I could find is to Import the data in to Excel and then convert in to csv and then use that csv file as a datastore in ODI.
I was hoping in some way I could use the same text file.

Thanks,
Richa
Previous Topic: Unit testing framework
Next Topic: Books for Biggner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:09:58 CDT 2024