Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » go_item fires when_validate_item trigge (Forms 11G)
go_item fires when_validate_item trigge [message #614572] Fri, 23 May 2014 07:46 Go to next message
RaShi.Raj
Hi All,

This is the issue with migration. In one of the forms, push button code calls go_item() which referes to an item, say 'X' in another canvas. That item 'X' has when-validate-item trrigger on it. In forms 6i, when I click on the button it just goes to that item without firing WVI trigger but in 11G, go_item() fires WVI on item 'X'. There is a clear_block(no_validate) code in the puch button. If I comment this out it works it works fine with 11G similar to 6i. Can someone please explain this.

Thanks,
Ravi
Re: go_item fires when_validate_item trigge [message #614602 is a reply to message #614572] Fri, 23 May 2014 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to run this form in debug mode and follow its execution step by step? It might reveal what exactly happens.
Re: go_item fires when_validate_item trigge [message #614696 is a reply to message #614572] Mon, 26 May 2014 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RaShi.Raj
Sorry, I'm not able to debug the code for some reason. But it's a straight forward to see what's happening.
I have code as below...

clear_block(no_valiadate);
go_item('block.itemA);

If I comment out clear_block line and just retain go_item(), WVI trigger doesn't fire. It's the combination of clear_block and go_item which is firing WVI on itemA. I want clear_block as this requirent is to clear old values and allow user to create new record.

Why the exact code is working fine in 6i but not with 11G??

Re: go_item fires when_validate_item trigge [message #614746 is a reply to message #614696] Mon, 26 May 2014 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I was hoping that someone else will reply; unfortunately, I was wrong.

I wouldn't know the reason for such a behavior. I don't use 6i, and we still didn't upgrade our 10g to a higher version so I'm pretty much useless here. That's why I was hoping that debug mode would show some more information. (Just wondering, what "some reason" could possibly prevent you from running a form in debug mode ...).
Re: go_item fires when_validate_item trigge [message #614785 is a reply to message #614746] Tue, 27 May 2014 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Check the validation unit property at form level.
icon7.gif  Re: go_item fires when_validate_item trigge [message #614807 is a reply to message #614572] Tue, 27 May 2014 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RaShi.Raj
It's Default...this error appears with Default and Item. When I set it to Record and others, i don't see that error. But I'm still not able understand why it's behaving differently in both versions. 6i has 'Default' for validation unit and it's working without any problem. Anyway, I'll keep it to record as of now as I don't see any issue with this.

Thanks cookiemonster and Littlefoot Smile
Re: go_item fires when_validate_item trigge [message #614808 is a reply to message #614807] Tue, 27 May 2014 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You might also want to check out the Defer Required Enforcement property at form level.
Re: go_item fires when_validate_item trigge [message #614809 is a reply to message #614808] Tue, 27 May 2014 09:07 Go to previous message
RaShi.Raj
Defer Required is 'No' and Initial value required for the item is 'No' ( I don't want to change this ).
Previous Topic: Changing radio button color to default or unspecified
Next Topic: Calling client_host from Menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 20:57:00 CDT 2024