Home » Server Options » Replication » Database refresh using different tools (Oracle 11g, Sun OS 5.10)
Database refresh using different tools [message #614229] Mon, 19 May 2014 10:10 Go to next message
suhasdba
Hi ,

There are many methods to do database refresh in oracle are listed below.

1.Data pump
2.RMAN
3.Materialized view
4.Cold copy cloning

Based on what condition, the above tools are used for database refresh ?

With Regards,
Suhas
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614231 is a reply to message #614229] Mon, 19 May 2014 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

What is your opinion?

Note that there are other methods.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2014 10:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614233 is a reply to message #614231] Mon, 19 May 2014 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
Quote:
What is your opinion?

I dont know so what asking you all.

Quote:
Note that there are other methods.

Can you name those methods ?
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614235 is a reply to message #614233] Mon, 19 May 2014 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

What you ask is the result of many days of work.
You can't expect we do it just for you.

What I advise you is to study all the ways you mentioned in the documentation and come back with your comments we can then add or correct things.

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614239 is a reply to message #614235] Mon, 19 May 2014 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
Michel,
Quote:
You can't expect we do it just for you.

This is not fair on your part.If we ask something to you, you cannot say you wont help us.You cannot be that straight forward to us.
If you think the answer is lengthy , at least try to answer it briefly or give us hints.
If you don't know the answer tell us that you dont know and direct us to search in google rather than telling in rude way.

Are you looking for money from us ? are you money minded ? if so tell us we will stop posting our questions here.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2014 11:44]

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614240 is a reply to message #614239] Mon, 19 May 2014 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
at least try to answer it briefly or give us hints.

I did it:

Quote:
What I advise you is to study all the ways you mentioned in the documentation and come back with your comments we can then add or correct things.

Which implies I (we) will help you as soon as you have a starting point and correct your misunderstanding.
Isn't this enough for a forum? or do you expect we do your whole work?

So do you try read about Data Pump? What is its purpose? What are its pros and cons? This is in the documentation.
So do you try read about RMAN? What is its purpose? What are its pros and cons? This is in the documentation.
So do you try read about Materialized view? What is its purpose? What are its pros and cons? This is in the documentation.

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614242 is a reply to message #614240] Mon, 19 May 2014 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
Michel,

If everything is in the documentation then why forum is created ,active and available to users ? According to you forum has to be closed immediately.

Moderator or whoever is concern

Request you to close this forum immediately as this is no more usable for us .We will hereby refer to oracle documentation for any questions we have.
Request your intervention on this immediately.

Thanks

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614243 is a reply to message #614242] Mon, 19 May 2014 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I am sorry to tell you that your answer is silly.

A forum is not a replacement for the documentation; you would not expect we read it for you, make a digest and a report for your needs.
A forum helps you to go further but the first step is yours.

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614254 is a reply to message #614243] Tue, 20 May 2014 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
indeed your answer doesn't sounds good.
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614257 is a reply to message #614254] Tue, 20 May 2014 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Only because you don't want to work a little bit.

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614267 is a reply to message #614257] Tue, 20 May 2014 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba

Could you tell me how to deactivate my account from this forum ?I want to deactivate my account as it is no way useful for me.
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614272 is a reply to message #614267] Tue, 20 May 2014 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
There's no such thing. You just stop coming here. However, in my opinion, that would be a wrong decision.
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614275 is a reply to message #614272] Tue, 20 May 2014 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
<However, in my opinion, that would be a wrong decision. >

I would say thats a right decision for not posting my questions here which is of no use.
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614276 is a reply to message #614275] Tue, 20 May 2014 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you know, both of us have right to express our own opinion.
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614302 is a reply to message #614276] Tue, 20 May 2014 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
Littlefoot,

But no use here .Because i dont get the answer i am looking for.
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614303 is a reply to message #614302] Tue, 20 May 2014 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Basically, what you are saying is this: you enter one shop and look for chocolate. They don't have it. In return, you say you'll never enter that shop again because you didn't get what you were looking for.

What would I do? Look for that chocolate in another shop, but would return in a day or two, when buying something else (or even the same kind of chocolate - maybe they'll have it).

That's what I'm trying to tell: this is just one question you asked, but aren't satisfied with the answer. It certainly doesn't mean that all your questions will remain unanswered. Some might, of course.

By the way, did you consider turning yourself into a person who answers someone else's questions (instead of just asking them)? Once you're on the other side, you might find it rather difficult. You'd see quite a lot of questions you simply can't answer - either because you don't know the subject, you aren't sure of the answer (so you'll rather keep quiet instead of saying something very wrong), you don't have enough time to spare (because it requires a lot of work) but you know that it is described in the documentation so - you just point that person to read it and find some answer by him/herself.

As of the question you asked: I don't know the answer so I'm pretty much useless here. I did use data pump and materialized views, but that's just half of your interest so - I'll keep quiet.
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614305 is a reply to message #614303] Tue, 20 May 2014 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
Littlefoot,

I will go with you.If i try to post the same question on some other forums i am sure Michel will catch hold of me. You know what he will do
he will copy this orafaq link and paste it in that forum where i post my question.So again there is no use of buying or selling chocolates
in shop here.Your example wont work in my case.

I had seen these kind of behaviour in many forums when i used to search for my answers in forums

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2014 08:15]

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614308 is a reply to message #614305] Tue, 20 May 2014 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
@suhasdba,

There have had been so many other threads posted by you and you certainly got help. Understand, this is a forum with thousands of users/posters and helped by a bunch of volunteers and few moderators. Often help is extended like anything, seldom it turns to be the other way. Nothing else to say, LF already explained a lot.

Oh yes, needless to say, it's actually one good thing about this and even other forums too, that you don't need to cease your account. Since, users always come back to visit the forum every now and then. It's quite natural. And trust me, if you too are crazy about Oracle, you won't be able to stay away from this or any other forum.

Help and get helped Smile
Cheers!
Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614311 is a reply to message #614308] Tue, 20 May 2014 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
Lalit ,

yes i am crazy about oracle.I want to learn more in oracle which are not in document.That is the reason i posted my question here
when i didnt find the answer to my question in the documentation.If you find any relavant link in the document and wanted to help me kindly forward me the link.

This is not the first time this happenend.Many times when i ask similar kind of questions i get same answers.

Lets stop the conversation here and i request you dont direct me to documentation unless it is addressed in it.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:24]

Re: Database refresh using different tools [message #614312 is a reply to message #614311] Tue, 20 May 2014 10:49 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

It is, just read it.
You claim you did but you did not.

Previous Topic: Materialized View log Purging and Use of sequence Id (merged 3)
Next Topic: About Replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:14:03 CDT 2024