Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » which query to use in push button trigger to auto execute when i pressed button
which query to use in push button trigger to auto execute when i pressed button [message #613748] Sat, 10 May 2014 03:32 Go to next message
akhter
dear i got stuck that i press button it take all table values means auto execute when i press button
Re: which query to use in push button trigger to auto execute when i pressed button [message #613756 is a reply to message #613748] Sat, 10 May 2014 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure I understood the question. What do you mean by "take all table values" / "auto execute"? Do you mean "how to execute query when pushing a button"? If so, call
EXECUTE_QUERY;
built-in in WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger. There might be some additional steps or prerequisites, such as: you have to be in a data block because EXECUTE_QUERY is meaningless in a control block etc., but - generally speaking, that's all you need.

If this doesn't answer you question, please, explain what you mean.
Re: which query to use in push button trigger to auto execute when i pressed button [message #613842 is a reply to message #613756] Mon, 12 May 2014 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhter
dear i set a push button on dept table when ever i push it for taking all values which is in table of dept it must showed but this is not happening after applying execute_query;
Re: which query to use in push button trigger to auto execute when i pressed button [message #613846 is a reply to message #613842] Mon, 12 May 2014 23:46 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is this button placed in the same block (that is based on the DEPT table)? If not, it should be. Or, you'll first have to navigate to that block and then execute query, such as
go_block('dept');
execute_query;

If the above doesn't help, you'll have to provide some more information:
  • is there any error message when you push the button? If so, which one? (You'll see it in the status line at the bottom of the form window)
  • which Forms version do you use? If it is 10g, run the form in debug mode - it'll show you what's going on
Previous Topic: Item with last transactional date
Next Topic: Writing data on comm port
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 07:19:57 CDT 2024