Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Getting Chrome browser error "SSL connection error" Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after upgrade (Oracle 11g, 11.2.0.3, Windows 7)
Getting Chrome browser error "SSL connection error" Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after upgrade [message #613646] Thu, 08 May 2014 18:02 Go to next message
JP10
Upgraded to 11.2.0.3 from 11.2.0.1 finally! Bad news is now my OEM is broken. I am getting a SSL connection error when trying to get to my OEM https://localhost:1158/em. Fails on Firefox as well. I did alot of the online recommendations that people recommended that was related to browser settings like use SSL 2.0 for Chrome, but still no luck. I tried disabling my antivirus/firewall still same error. DBConsole is up and running fine. Hope somebody can help cause I'm running out of hope!

Error message from chrome browser is "SSL connection error" Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
Re: Getting Chrome browser error "SSL connection error" Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after upgrade [message #613664 is a reply to message #613646] Fri, 09 May 2014 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
The usual fix for any DB Control issue is to remove it and re-create. Use the ORACLE_HOME/bin/emca utility. Use the switches to deconfigure and drop the repository, then recreate. The -help switch will show you the syntax.
Re: Getting Chrome browser error "SSL connection error" Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after upgrade [message #613715 is a reply to message #613664] Fri, 09 May 2014 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JP10
John you the man! Thank very much I ran the below commands and after I went to the link it tells you to go to and OEM is back baby! Appreciate the help. Funny thing is it also solved the IE issue where it didn't work because IE required a 1024bit ssl encryption level. Thanks again.
Re: Getting Chrome browser error "SSL connection error" Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after upgrade [message #613716 is a reply to message #613715] Fri, 09 May 2014 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JP10
Here's the commands I used. You will need to know your listener port number it can be found in your listener.ora file usually located at ORACLE_HOME\network\admin

emca -deconfig dbcontrol db

emca -repos recreate

emca -config dbcontrol db
Re: Getting Chrome browser error "SSL connection error" Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after upgrade [message #613723 is a reply to message #613716] Fri, 09 May 2014 12:47 Go to previous message
John Watson
Thanks for the feedback, and for posting the solution (which should assist others).
Previous Topic: START DBCONSOLE - SYSTEM ERROR 3
Next Topic: RemoteOperationException: ERROR: Wrong password for user (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:08:38 CDT 2024