Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Looping Through Radio Group
Looping Through Radio Group [message #613338] Mon, 05 May 2014 03:51 Go to next message
mist598
Hi all
I have radio group with nth number of radio buttons below it.
i wanna on run time change prompt of all radio buttons in this radio group
So, How can i loop through the radio group from the first radio button to the last one.
there is Built-in SET_RADIO_BUTTON_PROPERTY but it requires the button name which i don't know it on the design time.

i wanna some thing like that :
in when-new-form-instance

DECLARE 
    v_original_prompt     VARCHAR2(25); 
    v_current_lang_prompt VARCHAR2(25); ---- another language which the user logged with it 
BEGIN 
    v_original_prompt := Get_radio_button_property('radiogroup1', 'column1', label); 

SELECT Decode(:global.language_id, 'ARB', arabic_label, 
                                       'FRC', french_label) 
    INTO   v_current_lang_prompt 
    FROM   text_prompts 
    WHERE  prompt_id = v_original_prompt; 

Get_radio_button_property('radiogroup1', 'column1', labe, v_current_lang_prompt) ; 
END; 
Re: Looping Through Radio Group [message #613377 is a reply to message #613338] Tue, 06 May 2014 01:51 Go to previous message
Maaher
You cannot do this dynamically. What I've learned from past projects is that not all prompts/labels can be translated runtime. The easiest solution is to create a function/procedure that performs the lookup and to call that function/procedure for each button. It's a bit cumbersome perhaps, but I can't see another quick solution right now. If find something better, we'd like to hear it.

Good luck!

MHE

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2014 01:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Query condition in form
Next Topic: Moving a Form column position
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 19:27:21 CDT 2024