Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » unable to perform query, but no logged errors (Oracle Forms Builder 10g)
unable to perform query, but no logged errors [message #612710] Wed, 23 April 2014 11:35 Go to next message
bonbonbaron
Hi all, I'm using Oracle Forms Builder 10g.

After I fill out my form on block 1, page 1, it's supposed to take me to block 2, which is on page 2. Block 2's data block wizard has a built-in query which grabs things I typed into block 1 as parameters. (A packaged procedure contains the query.)

The button I click on page 1 has a when-button-pressed trigger as follows:

GO_BLOCK('S02');
EXECUTE_QUERY;

It takes me there alright, but it gives me an FRM-40505 message saying, "ORACLE error: unable to perform query." However, when I try to display the error, I see this: "FRM-42100: No errors encountered recently."

The query itself is okay, because I've tested it out in Oracle SQL Developer.

What kinds of things usually cause this error? Just so I know what to check for. Thanks in advance.
Re: unable to perform query, but no logged errors [message #612713 is a reply to message #612710] Wed, 23 April 2014 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Run the form in debug mode.
Re: unable to perform query, but no logged errors [message #612717 is a reply to message #612713] Wed, 23 April 2014 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bonbonbaron
My work place's Oracle stuff is set up in such a way that debugging isn't possible. We have to deploy it and run it on a testing server. WHen I pressed the debug button just now, it opened up a browser and then said it couldn't reference my fmx file.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 April 2014 12:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: unable to perform query, but no logged errors [message #612722 is a reply to message #612717] Wed, 23 April 2014 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is that so? I've never heard of such a restriction and can't see any benefit from preventing developers in debugging their code. Just wondering - did you properly run it? Set a breakpoint into that WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger and push the "run in debug mode" green button. If you still can't do that, well, that's a shame. Talk to people who set it up that way and ask them to allow debugging.

Anyway: what does this mean:Quote:

Block 2's data block wizard has a built-in query
What is a "built-in query"? If block 2 is a data block, you don't need to write any kind of a query - EXECUTE_QUERY is more or lees all you need. It would certainly fetch some data (if it exists) so you can only refine it (by using SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY and its, for example, ONETIME_WHERE). However, even if you don't write a single line of code, it *would* work properly.

So: try to comment that "built-in query" and run the form again. What happens?
Re: unable to perform query, but no logged errors [message #612737 is a reply to message #612722] Thu, 24 April 2014 02:36 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
You could also turn on DB session tracing for the form session. That trace file will contain the query the form submits and the error it generates.
Previous Topic: how the form disable commit?
Next Topic: Developer 10G on google chrome
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 02:40:42 CDT 2024