Home » Other » General » 'Open System Architect' (OSA) ERD design alternative for Mac OS X (Oracle 10g)
'Open System Architect' (OSA) ERD design alternative for Mac OS X [message #612512] Sun, 20 April 2014 12:16 Go to next message
rc3d
Hi

I use OSA at work (Windows). Strange that I found no hits at OraFAQ for 'Open System Architect'. Nobody use that?!

Quote:

Open System Architect

Open System Architect (OSA) is an application used for modelling a system. OSA currently supports data modelling (physical and logical) with UML in the works. The unique thing about OSA is that it is an Open Source product licensed under the General Public License (GPL). The free factor makes OSA particularly interesting for students but OSA is powerful enough to compare favourably with products costing thousands of dollars.

OSA is sponsored by CodeByDesign (the original developer of OSA) and by Source Forge (they host the community collaboration environment for OSA).

logicalmodel

ERD (Logical & Physical)
ERD supports inheritance
ERD validation
UML in the works
SQL editor
workspace/project environment
cross-platform
cross-database
open source/open standards
GPL (free)
... and much more

http://www.codebydesign.com

No downloads for Mac OS X. I have no Windows at home. What alternative do you recommend me? I need only a physical ERD for Oracle RDBMS.

Is there a free tool from Oracle with OS X support?
Re: 'Open System Architect' (OSA) ERD design alternative for Mac OS X [message #612552 is a reply to message #612512] Mon, 21 April 2014 20:57 Go to previous message
rleishman
SQL Developer Data Modeler seems to have a Mac download.

It does Logical and Physical data models with forward and reverse engineer. It also has Data Flow Diagrams. It's also free!

I have been creating a demo presentation for my company and it compares very favorably against ERwin.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: high water mark
Next Topic: Oracle Rdb SQL V7.2-400 Database Dump
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:29:54 CDT 2024