Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-40512: ORACLE error: unable to issue SAVEPOINT command (Forms 11.1.1.3.0, DB 11.2.0.1.0, Windows server 2008 R2)
FRM-40512: ORACLE error: unable to issue SAVEPOINT command [message #610461] Thu, 20 March 2014 05:32 Go to next message
ibergo
Hi

One collegue has a very annoying problem with this error since it in fact causes the database to crash!

The problem is only present in a pre-production environment, and is not reproducible in any of our development and test environment, hence making it quite impossible for us to debug the Forms.

The error pops up every time a button that starts a webutil interaction with Word, so we suspect it to be related to webutil and possibly the Windows environment, but if any of you guys have an idea or two to what else we could look after, it would be highly appeciated!
Re: FRM-40512: ORACLE error: unable to issue SAVEPOINT command [message #610462 is a reply to message #610461] Thu, 20 March 2014 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Has your friend written a savepoint command in the form is it being issue by webutil?
If the later your best bet is probably My Oracle Support.
Re: FRM-40512: ORACLE error: unable to issue SAVEPOINT command [message #610471 is a reply to message #610462] Thu, 20 March 2014 07:37 Go to previous message
ibergo
The original code is not written by any of us, and is quite complex. A search for "savepoint" in the source code reveils a handfull calls of savepoints, but none of them seems to be related to the form where the problem is.

I know you can't come up with a solution to the problem out of the blue and without the context. I was just hoping somebody had seen this error before and would be able to guide or inspire my further investigations. I can't remember to have seen this error before in my 20+ years with Forms, and even Google can't find very many hits on it Smile
Previous Topic: FRM-40011 Form was created by an older version of form
Next Topic: How to save file on local machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 09:09:16 CDT 2024