Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to delete Current Cursor Record Using a button (Oracle 10g Forms, WinXP)
icon5.gif  How to delete Current Cursor Record Using a button [message #607347] Wed, 05 February 2014 01:29 Go to next message
stalin4d
Hi,

I have a Tabular form which has 10 lines, when i execute the form, all the record is displayed, in which i can DELETE, UPDATE, INSERT or REMOVE record for any line, to achieve this i put a small button near by the last column and i set the property as no of items displayed equal to 1, and wrote Delete_Record Command;

well additionally i like to do is;

* The single button should be displayed where the Cursor blinks or displays that means; if i click any of the item
in that form, the button should be displayed in that last item where the cursor present; so that i can remove the record
which i wish to remove, in simple the button should move where ever i bring the cursor (i.e) the last column of the
record.

* How to Display an image in that Button?

so how to acheive this?

[Updated on: Wed, 05 February 2014 01:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to delete Current Cursor Record Using a button [message #607351 is a reply to message #607347] Wed, 05 February 2014 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I can't help you.

However, you are overcomplicating things. Forms' toolbar already contains the "delete record" button (a red X). If you want to create your own button, I think I can't stop you. But - why did you choose to use tabular layout, put that newly created "Delete" button into the same (tabular) block, set it to display only one button, and now want to move it throughout the form? What's wrong with having the "Delete" button at the end of every record?

Although you probably can do what you described, I'm not sure it's worth it. I think that you'd have to use another block with 10 different buttons, and then - based on current record in a tabular block - display one button and hide all the others (9 of them).

Moving button around the form and display it next to the current item? Maybe, but for Forms, that's more or less science fiction.

Finally: from my point of view, you are solving a non-existent problem. Useless job, in other words.
Re: How to delete Current Cursor Record Using a button [message #607363 is a reply to message #607351] Wed, 05 February 2014 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stalin4d
Littlefoot wrote on Wed, 05 February 2014 13:33
I can't help you.

However, you are overcomplicating things. Forms' toolbar already contains the "delete record" button (a red X). If you want to create your own button, I think I can't stop you. But - why did you choose to use tabular layout, put that newly created "Delete" button into the same (tabular) block, set it to display only one button, and now want to move it throughout the form? What's wrong with having the "Delete" button at the end of every record?
[/i].

its not a Useless job, its worth for us to remove the record,
the button you are saying in the toolbar is not needed here
because we have hided the toolbars, so manually i need to put a button
and should set delete_record for that.

yes there is option which i have used in my previous company,
but i forgot that, is there any other idea?
Re: How to delete Current Cursor Record Using a button [message #607365 is a reply to message #607363] Wed, 05 February 2014 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Why have you hidden the toolbar?
Re: How to delete Current Cursor Record Using a button [message #607371 is a reply to message #607365] Wed, 05 February 2014 03:29 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
BlackSwan would say: we have met the enemy, and they is us.
Previous Topic: How Oracle9i Form Builder interact with Html waebpage??
Next Topic: date format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 22:24:07 CDT 2024