Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » CONCEAL_DATA (forms 11g)
CONCEAL_DATA [message #606490] Fri, 24 January 2014 12:17 Go to next message
metal_navin
Hello all.

I am attempting to conceal a number field in oracle forms using the '*' character.
However, I want to conceal each digit after one second passes.

For example, if I want to conceal the number '12345', when I input the number '1', after one second, the '*' character conceals the '1', and so forth for the '2345' numbers.

So far, I am aware that I can use the below code to conceal, but is my scenario possible using the below code?
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('item_name', CONCEAL_DATA, PROPERTY_TRUE);

Thank you
Re: CONCEAL_DATA [message #606492 is a reply to message #606490] Fri, 24 January 2014 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thelearner
try with

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY(<your_item>, ECHO, PROPERTY_TRUE);

put it in time loop(
after second set the property SET_ITEM_PROPERTY(<your_item>, ECHO, PROPERTY_FALSE);

may be helpful for you....

If it is successful then post the code once

[Updated on: Fri, 24 January 2014 14:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CONCEAL_DATA [message #606495 is a reply to message #606490] Fri, 24 January 2014 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You might want to consider throwing the problem back to your DBA. The Data Redaction feature does exactly what you are describing, declaratively rather than programmatically. I (your DBA) declare that certain columns will be masked in certain ways depending om your session's current attributes; the developers don't do anything. It works with the current release of 11g and 12c.
I recorded a demo of it (mixed in with some other stuff) here,
http://skillbuilders.com/webinars/webinar.cfm?id=93&w=Oracle-12c-Security-Transparent-Sensitive-Data-Protection-Tutorial
Re: CONCEAL_DATA [message #606625 is a reply to message #606492] Mon, 27 January 2014 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metal_navin
thelearner wrote on Fri, 24 January 2014 15:32
try with

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY(<your_item>, ECHO, PROPERTY_TRUE);

put it in time loop(
after second set the property SET_ITEM_PROPERTY(<your_item>, ECHO, PROPERTY_FALSE);

may be helpful for you....

If it is successful then post the code once

Thank you for reply.
Can you help me with the time loop?
would this set_item_property have to be set in the when validate-item trigger?

would i need to create a timer?
Re: CONCEAL_DATA [message #606630 is a reply to message #606495] Mon, 27 January 2014 11:16 Go to previous message
metal_navin
John Watson wrote on Fri, 24 January 2014 18:27
You might want to consider throwing the problem back to your DBA. The Data Redaction feature does exactly what you are describing, declaratively rather than programmatically. I (your DBA) declare that certain columns will be masked in certain ways depending om your session's current attributes; the developers don't do anything. It works with the current release of 11g and 12c.
I recorded a demo of it (mixed in with some other stuff) here,
http://skillbuilders.com/webinars/webinar.cfm?id=93&w=Oracle-12c-Security-Transparent-Sensitive-Data-Protection-Tutorial

Thank you for the reply.
I am not using a database field.
Previous Topic: Delete Multiple Records
Next Topic: pll attachment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 21:30:21 CDT 2024