Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » deploying application to internet (oracle 10g r2)
deploying application to internet [message #603587] Tue, 17 December 2013 11:20 Go to next message
elfahal
hi all,

am using oracle 10g (DB, form service ) in windows paltform
i used to automatically download JInitiator ver 1.3.1.22 from my form service to client machine at first time trying accessing my application,
the bad point is :
I have to substitute jvm.dll installed with JInitiator ver 1.3.1.22 with other gave me by a friend,
this is not a problem in my local environment , but now I asked to deploy app. to internet,

how this problem could be overcome, since the internet machines not accessible to me??
Re: deploying application to internet [message #603598 is a reply to message #603587] Tue, 17 December 2013 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Jinitiator auto installs the first time you access a form in a browser. You do not need to do anything.

However, I would switch to JVM as it would most likely already be on the machine and not affected by some checkboxes that affect Jinitiator (like enabling 3rd party plugins, etc.).
Re: deploying application to internet [message #603705 is a reply to message #603598] Wed, 18 December 2013 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elfahal
thanks alot joy division for your reply,
I know that as I said but after auto download and installation of Jinitiator I have to substitute jvm.dll with other one,
is this problem regarding the Jinitiator version?
in the normal way should it work directly

you talked about switching to JVM how it works it sound nice since not affected by environment setting

thanks once again
Re: deploying application to internet [message #603718 is a reply to message #603705] Wed, 18 December 2013 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Well, I don't want to get your hopes up too high because it requires a change to the formsweb.cfg file on the application server and the instructions are not too clear (as far as I am concened). You really need someone with application server knowledge to do it. You can search google for JRE and formsweb.cfg and see what you find.

However, since JRE is supported, I think that is the way to go.

Not sure why you have the replace the jvm.dll. One thing I know is that a browser cannot run both jinitiator and java. If you start a session with Jinitiatior and then go to any page that uses any java, it will crash, and the other way around. At least that is my experience.
Re: deploying application to internet [message #603736 is a reply to message #603718] Thu, 19 December 2013 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elfahal
thanks joy,
should it work (I mean jinitiator)directly after installation , note that the version is 1.3.1.22
that accompany oracle 10g R2.
Re: deploying application to internet [message #603835 is a reply to message #603736] Thu, 19 December 2013 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
It should just work. I never had to do anything other than go to the URL for the form and it installs Jinit if not already there, and then just starts the form.
Re: deploying application to internet [message #603856 is a reply to message #603835] Thu, 19 December 2013 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elfahal
Really strange,
Am using oracle report and form service 10g wift
Mentioned above Jinitiator version
Do you use a complete apps. Server
I try to catch up where the difference coz my IE browser
Colse unless substitute JVM.
Thank for help and patience
Re: deploying application to internet [message #603938 is a reply to message #603856] Fri, 20 December 2013 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
I am not sure what you are asking or saying.

I have a full application server.

To use JVM, changes must be made to formsweb.cfg configuration file on server. It's not for the faint of heart to try.
Re: deploying application to internet [message #604022 is a reply to message #603938] Mon, 23 December 2013 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elfahal
thanks once again joy,
I said that I try to figure out the difference between our platform,
because I really face a big problem since our application not run without technical support at client side

at first run the browser ask to download and install Jinitiator
the process successfully completed, but after the IE gives message of stop working ass illustrated in attachment
the problem till now only resolve by substitute the JVM.DLL which need some one to do that,

thanks again for much help my brother

[Updated on: Mon, 23 December 2013 00:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: deploying application to internet [message #604245 is a reply to message #604022] Thu, 26 December 2013 13:17 Go to previous message
joy_division
I'm am not 100% sure, as I don't use Jinit anymore, but it looks like you are using IE 11, and I doubt Jinit will work with that, since Jinit was desupported in 2009 and surely IE 11 was not around then.
I didn't know IE was up to 11. I do not use IE, so I don't know, but I do remember you have to turn off some options to disallow third party plugins or Jinit will not work.
Previous Topic: [WebLogic] Error 000403
Next Topic: where are the policies for users and groups stored in weblogic? which file/location?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:31:49 CDT 2024