Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Lov's doesn't display proper records
Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602900] Tue, 10 December 2013 04:38 Go to next message
mist598
Hi all,

When i select LOV and click on find button it displays first record that related column and when i scroll down it displays another column records. For ex:- i select org_code as BRW and click on find it displays related records and next when drag the scroll down or Pg Dn arrow , it selected DET(org_code) records , but i have 300 records on BRW .

For this i have written post-query on DB Block .Please suggest me.

Thank you in advanced.
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602921 is a reply to message #602900] Tue, 10 December 2013 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You will need to explain this in a lot more detail (something you should know after 250+ posts).
We don't know what blocks you have in the form or the relationship between them.
We don't know what code is in the find button.
We don't know what code is in the post-query.

It's also not clear what the form is currently doing and what you expect it to do.
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602924 is a reply to message #602921] Tue, 10 December 2013 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi cookiemonster,

Sorry for that, please find the below code and no relationship between them. HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL is the control block (Non-DB)

Find:
DECLARE 
    finalstr  VARCHAR2(5000); 
    dfinalstr VARCHAR2(5000); 
BEGIN 
    finalstr := 'WHERE 1=1'; 

IF :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.ORG_CODE IS NOT NULL THEN 
      finalstr := finalstr || 'AND ORGANIZATION_CODE =' ||( ':HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.ORG_CODE' ); 
    END IF; 

IF :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.FISCAL_YEAR IS NOT NULL THEN 
      finalstr := finalstr || 'AND FISCAL_YEAR =' || ( ':HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.FISCAL_YEAR' ); 
    END IF; 

IF :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.ITEM_NUMBER IS NOT NULL THEN 
      finalstr := finalstr || 'AND ITEM_NUMBER =' || ( ':HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.ITEM_NUMBER' ); 
    END IF; 

IF :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.PRODUCT_CATEGORY IS NOT NULL THEN 
      finalstr := finalstr || 'AND PRODUCT_CATEGORY =' || ( ':HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.PRODUCT_CATEGORY' ); 
    END IF; 

IF :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.PRODUCT_SUB_CATEGORY IS NOT NULL THEN 
      finalstr := finalstr || 'AND PRODUCT_SUB_CATEGORY =' || ( ':HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.PRODUCT_SUB_CATEGORY' ); 
    END IF; 

IF :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.CUSTOMER_NAME IS NOT NULL THEN 
      finalstr := finalstr || 'AND CUSTOMER_NAME =' || ( ':HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.CUSTOMER_NAME' ); 
    END IF; 

IF :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.SALES_CHANNEL IS NOT NULL THEN 
      finalstr := finalstr || 'AND SALES_CHANNEL =' || ( ':HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.SALES_CHANNEL' ); 
    END IF; 

Go_block('HOPE_FORECAST_DATA');  

dfinalstr := Get_block_property('HOPE_FORECAST_DATA', default_where); 

Set_block_property('HOPE_FORECAST_DATA', default_where, finalstr); 

Execute_query(); 
END; 

POST-QUERY

DECLARE 
    CURSOR c1 IS 
      SELECT organization_code, 
             budget_entity, 
             fiscal_year, 
             item_number, 
             product_category, 
             product_sub_category, 
             customer_name, 
             sales_channel 
      FROM   hope.hope_forecast_data  
      WHERE  organization_code = :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.ORG_CODE 
              OR fiscal_year = :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.FISCAL_YEAR 
              OR item_number = :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.ITEM_NUMBER 
              OR product_category = :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.PRODUCT_CATEGORY 
              OR product_sub_category = :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.PRODUCT_SUB_CATEGORY 
              OR customer_name = :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.CUSTOMER_NAME 
              OR sales_channel = :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.SALES_CHANNEL; 
BEGIN 
OPEN c1; 

FETCH c1 INTO 
:HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.ORG_CODE, :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.BUDGET_ENTITY, :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.FISCAL_YEAR, :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.ITEM_NUMBER,
:HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.PRODUCT_CATEGORY, :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.PRODUCT_SUB_CATEGORY, :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.CUSTOMER_NAME, :HOPE_FORECAST_CONTROL.SALES_CHANNEL;

CLOSE c1; 
END; 

For Ex:- i select org_code(BRW) lov and click on find , it displays first record that are related to org_code(BRW) it is fine, but when i scroll down it displays org_code of 'DET', but i have 200 hundred records are there related to org_code of BRW.
why it shows like that could you please please help me on this please

Please suggest me on this

Thank you
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602926 is a reply to message #602924] Tue, 10 December 2013 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
So I take it the db datablock is based on hope_forecast_data?
In which case why does that post-query trigger exist at all?
Execute_query tells the form to issue a select for the DB datablock populate the block with the data.
You then appear to be overwriting that data with the data post-query gets.
Plus the post-query select is just plain wrong.
Say you enter a org_code of BRW and fiscal year of 2013.
The select run by execute_query will only return rows matching both of those conditions.
The select run by post-query will return data that matches either of those conditions.

Just delete the post-query trigger.
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602928 is a reply to message #602926] Tue, 10 December 2013 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi cookiemonster,

Quote:
So I take it the db datablock is based on hope_forecast_data?

Yes.

Quote:
Just delete the post-query trigger

The DB Table, it contains all columns of the lov's , that lov columns are from D/F tables and no relationship b/w 2 blocks, means in lov's i wrote d/f tables queries and that all columns are also in the DB Block Table

1)I delete the post-query from the DB Block , when i select the org_code and click on find it working fine for me
2)But, when i select fiscal_year and click on find button it displays records but except org_code & some times mandatatory select both , but i want the records only when i select any one of the lov's

Please suggest me.

Thank you
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602931 is a reply to message #602928] Tue, 10 December 2013 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
mist598 wrote on Tue, 10 December 2013 13:34

Quote:
Just delete the post-query trigger

The DB Table, it contains all columns of the lov's , that lov columns are from D/F tables and no relationship b/w 2 blocks, means in lov's i wrote d/f tables queries and that all columns are also in the DB Block Table

What does D/F mean?

2)But, when i select fiscal_year and click on find button it displays records but except org_code

Not sure what you mean by that.

& some times mandatatory select both ,

but i want the records only when i select any one of the lov's

or that.
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602933 is a reply to message #602931] Tue, 10 December 2013 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi cookiemonster,

sorry for that..
Quote:
What does D/F mean?

different tables..
Quote:
But, when i select fiscal_year and click on find button it displays records but except org_code

Quote:

You suggest me that delete the post-query , after that i ran the form and suppose when i select the fiscal_year lov , it displays records except the org_code.

Quote:

if i am delete the post-query , suppose if select the year lov and click on the find button the cursor point points to the org_code and when i select both & click on find then only it displays records, but i want only when i select any one of the lov's then only to display

Thank you
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602934 is a reply to message #602933] Tue, 10 December 2013 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
mist598 wrote on Tue, 10 December 2013 14:03

Quote:
But, when i select fiscal_year and click on find button it displays records but except org_code

Quote:

You suggest me that delete the post-query , after that i ran the form and suppose when i select the fiscal_year lov , it displays records except the org_code.

Are you saying the org_code field in the DB block is blank after you execute query?

mist598 wrote on Tue, 10 December 2013 14:03

Quote:

if i am delete the post-query , suppose if select the year lov and click on the find button the cursor point points to the org_code and when i select both & click on find then only it displays records, but i want only when i select any one of the lov's then only to display

I seem to recall asking you about this before and you never answered - is the org_code field in the control block set to required?
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602937 is a reply to message #602934] Tue, 10 December 2013 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi cookimonster,

Quote:
Are you saying the org_code field in the DB block is blank after you execute query?

Yes.

Quote:
I seem to recall asking you about this before and you never answered - is the org_code field in the control block set to required?

No . In property palette Reqiuired=NO.

Thank you
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #602938 is a reply to message #602937] Tue, 10 December 2013 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Assuming org_code is a db item in the db block then you have some code somewhere that's blanking it out. Find it.

As for cursor going to org_code in the header if you haven't supplied a value - again you've got some code doing that to you, find it.
Run the form in debug mode to see what triggers fire in each case.
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #603025 is a reply to message #602938] Wed, 11 December 2013 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mist598
Hi cookiemonster,

can i give one window name (or)can i create 2 different window's for 2 canvases? 1 for db block canvas and 2nd for non-db block canvas

Thank you
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #603196 is a reply to message #603025] Thu, 12 December 2013 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
yes, have you tried?
Re: Lov's doesn't display proper records [message #603201 is a reply to message #603196] Thu, 12 December 2013 02:48 Go to previous message
mist598
Hi cookiemonster

Thank you for reply,Yes i tried it is working fine now.

Thanks in advance

[EDITED by LF: removed question which leads to irrelevant discussion; OP already opened a new topic]

[Updated on: Thu, 12 December 2013 03:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to display data in column of table to different fields of database block in oracle forms 11g
Next Topic: can't see fields in canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 21:17:10 CDT 2024