Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » how to do replication of an instance into another one (Oracle 11g, Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit)
how to do replication of an instance into another one [message #595771] Fri, 13 September 2013 07:41 Go to next message
heinzs
Hi guys,

I want to replicate an Oracle instance from one Server to another one. On server 1 Oracle is running with instance TEST02 in archive mode.
I have to backup this instance while it is running active and in use by multiple users working in our ERP-System.
Now I want to backup alle stuff I need (database, archivelogs, rodlogs?) into another instance TEST03 running on another Server to have a fallback solution.
This backup I would like to repeat every 2 hours to have always a copy of Server 1 TEST02 on Server 2 TEST03

Does anybody has a script how to do this Job(s)?
(I know how to connect to instance by *.bat but in internet I did not find the helpful statement(s) how to backup / recover the complete instance.

Thank for help!

Kind regards,

Heinz

Re: how to do replication of an instance into another one [message #595773 is a reply to message #595771] Fri, 13 September 2013 08:00 Go to previous message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and please read How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

If you really want to do this, use RMAN database duplication, various techniques described here:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/backup.121/e17630/rcmdupdb.htm#i1008564
you probably want to script a duplication from active database.

But really, you might want to look at a standby database, either manual or (if you have Enterprise Edition licences) Data Guard.
Previous Topic: ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted
Next Topic: what is the advantage to using RMAN in Oracle 11g Standard Edition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:14:08 CDT 2024