Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Linking two reports (oracle 11g, windows 7)
Linking two reports [message #595394] Tue, 10 September 2013 17:42 Go to next message
SeniorInvissible
I'm trying to link 2 reports to achieve the same functionality as with a master form on 2 pages.

table: Student(id, name, address)

MainReport: an interactive report Displaying the ID by using SQL: select id from student;

Functionality: when the ID is selected, open the other report and display the name and address

SubReport: this is a report on an SQL statement. SQL is:
select name, address from student where id = :P24_id;

Go back to the main report, go to edit page, in the region, click on interactive report and go to the report attributes. Scroll down to link column, change link column to link to custom target, set the target page to the SubReport, enter name of P24_id and value of #id# and click apply changes.

Why is this not working? When I load the main report I'm seeing the data, when I click on an ID however and I go to the subReport, I'm seeing Error ERR-1002 Unable to find item ID for item "P24_ID" in application "105".

Can anyone help?

[Updated on: Tue, 10 September 2013 17:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linking two reports [message #595410 is a reply to message #595394] Wed, 11 September 2013 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
SubReport is, actually, page 24, isn't it? Did you create a text item named P24_ID on that page? You should have. If it already exists, check whether its name really is P24_ID. If it is hidden, set it back to a normal text item so that you could see whether it gets its value from the interactive report.

(I've just created the same situation you described, and it works OK).
(Please, along with operating system and database version, specify Apex version as well).
Re: Linking two reports [message #595546 is a reply to message #595410] Wed, 11 September 2013 11:52 Go to previous message
SeniorInvissible
It's working now. I inserted a textfield on page 24 named p24_id and its working fine. Thanks.
Previous Topic: Form on SQL query, modify query after form is created
Next Topic: Linking a tabular form to a report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:26:33 CDT 2024