Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to change image resolution in oracle forms. (Oracle Forms 10g, Windows 7 )
How to change image resolution in oracle forms. [message #589644] Tue, 09 July 2013 06:45 Go to next message
pramod.sramesh
Hi Experts,

I am working on oracle forms 10g (Windows7 OS). Can we get the image resolution of an image item in oracle forms? Can we resize the image in terms of resolution?
I have a requirement where user can upload only 1280x720 size images. Either i have to validate the image resolution and give them a message saying 'Only 1280x720 size images are allowed' or simply i have to convert the image to be upload to 1280x720 size and save in the database. If someone could give the solution for the above problem that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pramod SR
Re: How to change image resolution in oracle forms. [message #589679 is a reply to message #589644] Wed, 10 July 2013 00:16 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure that Forms is the right choice for someone who wants to edit images (I'd use MS Paint or Paint.NET or ...).

Anyway, here's how I did it (using Application Express, though, but the principle is the same, I guess): I allowed users to upload images from their computers to a directory located on a database server. Certainly, they don't do that directly; I didn't investigate, but I suppose that it uses UTL_FILE to do the job.

Once the files are on the server, using the same "Upload" button I run a job (DBMS_SCHEDULER, job type is "Executable") which, in turn, runs previously created MS Windows scheduled task (using schtasks.exe). It calls a .bat script that resizes images. To do that, I chose Free Batch Picture Resizer.

Finally, resized pictures are copied to the final target directory (I decided to keep them in file system instead of storing them into the database, but you can easily call a SQL script which will put them into a table).

I'm not saying that Forms can't do that (it's only that I don't know how to do it, but someone else might. Meanwhile, google for "Francois Degrelle"; I know he blogs about things I can't even imagine, so - maybe you'll find something interesting as well.
Previous Topic: Commit after insert into
Next Topic: when-validate-item trigger doesn't fire
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 04:33:24 CDT 2024