Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms Migratin Assistant (Oracle Development Suite-Dev 10g)
Oracle Forms Migratin Assistant [message #583160] Fri, 26 April 2013 06:21 Go to next message
mani_rbs
Hi,

I am working in a project on which I need to migrate around 500 forms from Forms 6i to Forms 10g/11g. I browsed through the pages present in orafaq and found out that there is a tool provided by oracle called "Oracle Forms Migration Assistant" to do this activity.

I installed Oracle Development Suite-Dev 10g in my machine, however I am not abel to find out "Oracle Forms Migration Assistant" tool in it, is there anything other software component that I need to get installed to get Oracle Forms Migration Assistant.

Thanks & Regards,
Manikandan V.
Re: Oracle Forms Migratin Assistant [message #583628 is a reply to message #583160] Thu, 02 May 2013 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nnigam
Hello

If you are migrating 500 forms, how much time do you have to accomplish this task. Migration assistant works form by form migration. It will also not do a complete job, but tell you to make some changes as needed.

I work for a company called Pitss America. We have a tool that can provide a migration in as little as a week for virtually all of your forms. It is not a cheap tool, but it will save you lots of time doing your migration and many companies that have used the tool have actually ended up saving money from what it would have cost them if they did it themselves. In addition to migration, the tool provides lots of other features that will help in maintaing and supportin your application. This can help in your current version as well as the upgraded version. Once you have the tool, you can use it to upgrade to 10g that you are interested in now as well as to 11g which is the current version of Oracle Forms.

If you want to use migration assistant, it should be a separate download. This will mean a lot of manual effort on your part.

Let me know if you have any questions or need additional help

Neeraj Nigam
nnigam at pitssamerica dot com
Re: Oracle Forms Migratin Assistant [message #641508 is a reply to message #583628] Mon, 17 August 2015 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdsirajoddin

Hi Nigam,

Can i please have further details of the software (Pitss America). Actually we are in a process to migrate from Oracle Forms & Reports 6i to 11g.

can you please send me the details in my personal id provided below, so that we can discuss further..

mdsirajoddin@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards
Muhammad Sirajuddin
Re: Oracle Forms Migratin Assistant [message #641531 is a reply to message #583160] Mon, 17 August 2015 09:53 Go to previous message
CraigB
Take a look at the following Oracle White Paper Oracle® Forms Upgrading Oracle Forms 6i to Oracle Forms 11g , specifically, Chapter 2.4. Essentially, the steps are:
1. Manually upgrade all support objects first (*.olb, *.pll, *.mmb) by opening, compiling and saving these files in the 11g Forms Builder.
2. Once the support files are converted, you can batch convert the remaining Forms Binaries using the "frmplsqlconv.bat" (found in the \MIDDLEWARE_HOME\asinst_1\bin directory). In your case, since you have so many files, the White Paper recommends you create a batch file and loop through all of the files rather than upgrade them one-by-one.

Hope this helps.
Craig...
Previous Topic: LOV
Next Topic: Unable to run forms 11g on client machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:07:28 CDT 2024