Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » standard form (Enter&maintain people) failed to register as new function (EBS 11i HRMS form server version 6.0.8.25.2)
icon10.gif  standard form (Enter&maintain people) failed to register as new function [message #574608] Mon, 14 January 2013 02:56 Go to next message
chanokchai

Dear All

I extend HR standard form (enter & maintain people - PERWSHRG v.11.5.115) by adding custom button in assignment canvas. I copy PERWSHRG.fmb to be PERWSHRG_NEW.fmb. add the code and compiled and working successfully. I register as new form and new function.

problem is all standard function (button) being called on that form are not working and fail to get parameter . for example

button 'element entry' -> when press button it launch element form but fail to get parameter person . it asking person_id again.

did I miss to compile something to make it work or PERWSHRG just can't extend. Since all button in PERWSHRG here build as dynamic. button here not simply hardcorded open_form(name), when i check the code in WHEN-BUTTON-PRESS it call hr_nav.button_pressed(n). It somehow use functionality of security>task form definitions/Nodes to register this 'element entry' function .

QUESTION: how to make this form working again if register as new function.

Thank you so much and Help!!
Bank
Re: standard form (Enter&maintain people) failed to register as new function [message #574851 is a reply to message #574608] Wed, 16 January 2013 02:19 Go to previous message
chanokchai

By far I found that the PERWSHRG cannot register in different form name. there is some element still refer to the original name of PERWSHRG and if you change it, it will break those link.

if you extend PERWSHRG, there is only unpleasant solution that you must retain extended form name as the original name. if someone has better idea please share.
Previous Topic: Huge Difference between Balance as per General Ledger & Balance as per Bank Statement
Next Topic: Which API to run to update existing and insert new recs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:44:17 CDT 2024