Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » RBS usage and longops in toad
RBS usage and longops in toad [message #572377] Tue, 11 December 2012 05:18 Go to next message
nunnaravi@yahoo.com
Hi,

I am learning performance tuning techniques. I am using toad and when I run queries in parallel sessions, I am monitoring the performance of the query from toad (session browser). For few queries, its showing multiple entries in RBS usage and longs ops.. but for few queries it wont't show anything in RBS usage and long ops. But the query is very quick. Just want to know in what cases it won't show (I mean when they are running in parallel).

Thanks.
Re: RBS usage and longops in toad [message #572380 is a reply to message #572377] Tue, 11 December 2012 06:40 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I am using toad

And you are wrong, this is a very BAD tool to learn.

Quote:
Just want to know in what cases it won't show (I mean when they are running in parallel).

I don't understand what you mean but throw away TOAD and learn v$session_longops from documentation and SQL*Plus.
You don't know what TOAD does, you don't know if it is valid or not, you don't know what is the meaning of what it displays... and you can't.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Please help me to tune this query
Next Topic: Please help me on tune this query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:48:15 CDT 2024