Home » Infrastructure » Linux » .bash_profile sourced automatically on login (Linux 5 AS)
icon9.gif  .bash_profile sourced automatically on login [message #566919] Thu, 20 September 2012 22:11 Go to next message
michael.cheung

I would like to be able to login to my Linux RH AS 4 and not have to source my .bash_profile. Is there lines to put in either .profile, .bash_profile or .bashrc to make this occur I have looked at many sites and man on bash but it seems like I still have to source when I open a new terminal.Thanks! Smile
Re: .bash_profile sourced automatically on login [message #566920 is a reply to message #566919] Thu, 20 September 2012 22:43 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
michael.cheung wrote on Thu, 20 September 2012 20:11
I would like to be able to login to my Linux RH AS 4 and not have to source my .bash_profile. Is there lines to put in either .profile, .bash_profile or .bashrc to make this occur I have looked at many sites and man on bash but it seems like I still have to source when I open a new terminal.Thanks! Smile

problem & solution have NOTHING to do with Oracle.

realize that problem & solution have NOTHING to do with bash (directly)

when you click on the TERMINAL icon, you are simply launching another command in the background which happens to pop a window
that emulates an old style CRT Terminal.

The solution is to customize TERMINAL to invoke .bash_profile when it starts
Previous Topic: Pl/sql developer installation problem
Next Topic: Imp file in oracle 10g on linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:32:33 CDT 2024