Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms Personalization Validating a Multi-Record Block (2 Merged) (Oracle 10G)
Forms Personalization Validating a Multi-Record Block (2 Merged) [message #565656] Wed, 05 September 2012 21:02 Go to next message
ardent_chap
Hi ,

I have a problem validating a multi-record block. I need to put the validation after the user clicks save. The custom validation should run through all the records in the multi-record block. But instead of validating all records, it will only validate the record where the cursor is located before the user hits save.

Any idea? Appreciate your feedback.
Re: Forms Personalization Validating a Multi-Record Block (2 Merged) [message #565661 is a reply to message #565656] Thu, 06 September 2012 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This sounds like an Oracle Apps. question (and I know nothing about it) so - sorry if the following means nothing in that context.

Anyway: why wouldn't you validate every record in a trigger Oracle designed for that purpose: WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD? For example: you enter values into the first record. Then, you navigate to the second record. WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD fires and does its job. If it fails, you need to fix it. The process repeats for every record you enter. Finally, SAVE only saves changes you've made as all records are already validated.
Re: Forms Personalization Validating a Multi-Record Block (2 Merged) [message #613272 is a reply to message #565661] Fri, 02 May 2014 05:34 Go to previous message
smithujaya
Hi ,

Iam having similar scenario .Did you get any solution for this. How to validate all the records in the block?
Previous Topic: UTF-8 in Oracle 6i
Next Topic: Trigger raised unhandled exception: ORA-302000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 03:28:24 CDT 2024