Home » Other » Client Tools » Able to connect from SQL-Assistant BUT unable to connect from Sql Developer
Able to connect from SQL-Assistant BUT unable to connect from Sql Developer [message #559868] Sat, 07 July 2012 01:58 Go to next message
rvikram278
Hello,

I have been troubling with this issue for the last two weeks...tried so much, but could not able to resolve....

sqlplus username/password@IPAddress:port/ServiceName

I am able to connect to DATABASE from SQLAssistant only when I provide string like ABOVE........If I dont mention the SERVICE, m unable to connect to DB...

Now the biggest issue is with SQL Developer.....m not at all able to connect to DB using SQL Developer....I tried all options...but no use...

waiting for your reply......

Thanks Much in Advance.....
Re: Able to connect from SQL-Assistant BUT unable to connect from Sql Developer [message #559870 is a reply to message #559868] Sat, 07 July 2012 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

Quote:
.....m not at all able to connect
This is not an Oracle error message Confused You need to give a bit more detail. Then perhaps someone can help.
Re: Able to connect from SQL-Assistant BUT unable to connect from Sql Developer [message #559882 is a reply to message #559870] Sat, 07 July 2012 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvikram278
STATUS: Failure - Test failed: IO Error: Size Data Unit(SDU) Mistmatch
Re: Able to connect from SQL-Assistant BUT unable to connect from Sql Developer [message #559897 is a reply to message #559882] Sat, 07 July 2012 04:00 Go to previous message
John Watson
Well, thank you for the error message. But I see that there is a typo, which means that you have actually faked it, not copy/pasted. Bad!

A bit more detail, perhaps?
Version of SQL Dev.
Version of Oracle DB.
Operating system on client and server.
What JVM/JRE is being used.
And a "thank you" would be nice.
Previous Topic: Unable to View Table Names
Next Topic: Following what is performed by the IS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:34:06 CDT 2024