Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » need to change the number of column display according to the condition (Oracle reports 2.5)
need to change the number of column display according to the condition [message #551505] Wed, 18 April 2012 13:26 Go to next message
umesh337
Hi All,

Recently I am facing a problem while working with Oracle reports 2.5.
My requirement is:
there is a report in which there are 5 columns right now.
Now what i want is, whenever a condition will satisfy , a new column should be also display in that report otherwise it must be stay as it is.

Previously : a b c d
Now if a=1 : a b z c d
else
a b c d
where a,b,c,d,z are columns.
Anyone please help me to get this resolved. Thanks in advance.
Re: need to change the number of column display according to the condition [message #551511 is a reply to message #551505] Wed, 18 April 2012 14:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Your Reports version is really old; I never used it and I have no idea whether this (what I'm going to say) exists in this version. Anyway: open Z field's Property Palette window. At the end of properties' list should be "Format Trigger". Put this into the function body:
return (:a = 1);

Format triggers return Boolean. So, IF :A = 1, condition is TRUE and - as function returns TRUE - field Z will be displayed. Otherwise, it won't.
Previous Topic: Adding the word "continued" to a report value
Next Topic: How to save automatically scheduled Discoverer workbook as a file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:06:08 CDT 2024