Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » which client do i need to use Data Pump Tools? (Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 , Windows Server 2008 sp2)
which client do i need to use Data Pump Tools? [message #543166] Mon, 13 February 2012 04:36 Go to next message
Andrey_R

Hi all,

I'm installing a new application-testing server,
i have installed 11g r2 instant clients & SQL* Plus client.

when i'm trying to run an expdp command, i get this:

'expdp' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Now, i understand this is because i don't have the Bin directory of a client installation in my Path of the OS.

My question is, which one exactly i need for using data-pump utility, and where to download it?

I've found lots of posts of people that had issues with defining the ORA_HOME$\bin in the $PATH, or having a client incompatibility issue throughout the web, but no answer to my specific question.

please help,

Thanks & Regards,

Andrey
Re: which client do i need to use Data Pump Tools? [message #543167 is a reply to message #543166] Mon, 13 February 2012 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You have to choose the one complete client (not instant one) and with the administrative tools.

Regards
Michel
Re: which client do i need to use Data Pump Tools? [message #543173 is a reply to message #543167] Mon, 13 February 2012 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey_R
I understand.
This application server i want to install it on is mostly used to run applications accessing an 11g database,
while right now in particular, i want to use Data Pump utility to perform actions on a 10g instance(whereas, in the future i might want to use Data Pump on the 11g database server from the same application server).

I understand that for the 10g database - i need a 10g client, and for the 11g database i need a 11g client(correct me please if i'm wrong).

can those 2 clients exist in peace on the same application server, and give me the ability to use Data Pump on both database instances of versions 10g & 11g?

Thanks,
Andrey

Re: which client do i need to use Data Pump Tools? [message #543189 is a reply to message #543173] Mon, 13 February 2012 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You need or not both clients depend on what you want to do and what you have in your databases.

Quote:
can those 2 clients exist in peace on the same application server, and give me the ability to use Data Pump on both database instances of versions 10g & 11g?

Yes and yes.

Regards
Michel
Re: which client do i need to use Data Pump Tools? [message #543193 is a reply to message #543189] Mon, 13 February 2012 06:16 Go to previous message
Andrey_R
Thank you Michel. I'll download & install both the clients.

Regards,
Andrey
Previous Topic: impdp takes huge time in oracle11gR2 !
Next Topic: Time taken in export and import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:47:27 CDT 2024