Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Sorting Data and Hidden Frames (Oracle Reports ,10g, Windows XP )
Sorting Data and Hidden Frames [message #535612] Thu, 15 December 2011 04:20 Go to next message
waqar_majeed
Hi,
how can i sort field data getting from formula column.
The filed that i want to sort have source of that fomula column.
When i use order by clause with :abc ---(formula column) then it doest not work.

please Help.
Thanx
Re: Sorting Data [message #535616 is a reply to message #535612] Thu, 15 December 2011 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Create a break group based on a formula column. Set formula column's Break Order property to ascending or descending.
Sorting and Hidden Frames [message #535769 is a reply to message #535612] Fri, 16 December 2011 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waqar_majeed
hi,
1- i have some more columns from query displaying on this report.
i ve tried already to set break order as descendind/ascending, but its not working.

at report one column has a source of that formula column.

2- one more please i ve different numbers getting from this formula column. i have hide the repeating frame when value is Zero(0).
a summary colum counts this hidden repeating frame value. i want to neglect this one. basically i want continuous series to neglect this hidden frame value when it goes to 0.

have any other idea plz.
Re: Sorting Data [message #535845 is a reply to message #535616] Fri, 16 December 2011 10:23 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
  1. I think that you didn't understand what I said. Not only you need to set the break order - you need to extract that column into its own break group (above the "original" group). Moreover, it means that layout you'll create is no longer "Tabular", but "Group above" (or similar).
  2. I'm not sure I understood the question. Why don't you create a summary column and adjust its break point (whether it is a report, a page, or one of frames)?
Previous Topic: How to present report in XLS format with proper column headings
Next Topic: REP-52251: Cannot get output of job ID 69 you requested
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:28:01 CDT 2024