Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Symbol in Oracle Reports (Oracle Reports Developer 10.1.2.0.2, Unix, 10 G database)
Symbol in Oracle Reports [message #529200] Sat, 29 October 2011 12:16 Go to next message
TX_developer
Hi,

I have a report I am currently working on...see attached file. I have circled two symbols. I know the one on the left is "page break after" but I am not sure why this field would have this setting.

Can someone tell me what the symbol on the right means?

Also, I have confine and flex set to "off" on all fields and items, yet when I move one of the fields other fields start to move as well. Any thoughts on this?

I am supposed to swap the bill to and ship to address which should be simple but so far it's not.

Thanks,
k
  • Attachment: example.png
    (Size: 15.37KB, Downloaded 865 times)
Re: Symbol in Oracle Reports [message #529210 is a reply to message #529200] Sat, 29 October 2011 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Be careful with setting "confine OFF" because - if you don't pay attention to what you are doing (VERY good attention) - you'll move objects outside their frames. Then expect annoying error messages (saying that objects are not where they are supposed to be).

"Flex OFF" should allow you to move objects within their frames and leave other objects intact (i.e. fields wouldn't move, frames wouldn't stretch). At least, that's what it should do. But, you said that other fields moved. Two options I can think of: are they grouped together, perhaps? The second one: you selected the whole frame (instead of a field) and moved them all around.
Re: Symbol in Oracle Reports [message #529220 is a reply to message #529210] Sat, 29 October 2011 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TX_developer
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Although when I checked the properties it indicated that flex was off, it was actually on.

I got that worked out. Any thoughts on the symbol on the field?
Re: Symbol in Oracle Reports [message #529238 is a reply to message #529220] Sun, 30 October 2011 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A symbol? Can't tell just by looking at it (and don't have Reports here to do some testing, and won't be able to do that for the next several days). Might be elasticity, page protect, or something different.
Re: Symbol in Oracle Reports [message #529259 is a reply to message #529238] Sun, 30 October 2011 09:37 Go to previous message
TX_developer
Sorry, symbol is not the right word. It's actually keep with anchoring object set to yes. Not sure why they did it this way. the address has a name, addr1, addr2, addr3, city/state/zip, country. the only field that has page break after and keep with anchoring object set to yes is addr3 and only one the bill to address, not on the ship to address. That seems odd to me.
Previous Topic: Run report in menu???
Next Topic: Make report.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:12:37 CDT 2024