Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Object Alignment Problem in Oracle Reports (Reports 6i, Windows)
Object Alignment Problem in Oracle Reports [message #528500] Tue, 25 October 2011 05:53 Go to next message
dmt170465
I am unable to properly align two objects in the layout editor in Oracle Reports. The form report I am trying to design must be perfect and I need to highlight a particular report object (data item) by adding a narrow box (boilerplate) next to it on the left hand side, which is filled with a contrasting colour and contains an asterisk.
The problem is this: I cannot seem to align them properly (horizontal stack, align top). Even if I use the 'size objects' option to make them exactly the same vertical size, the align option stated above does the horizontal stack, but vertically they are not aligned - nor can I manoeuvre the boilerplate box into place manually.
Re: Object Alignment Problem in Oracle Reports [message #528542 is a reply to message #528500] Tue, 25 October 2011 11:14 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Don't have Reports here, but I believe you'll manage to find that option: it is in View menu, called "Snap to Grid". By default, it is set ON. Turn it OFF, then go to Layout Editor and align your objects the way you want. You can do that "automatically" by aligning them using the menu, or manually - in that case, zooming in helps a lot.

Because, when the "Snap to Grid" is set ON, grid steps are (usually) just too big to allow fine adjustment.
Previous Topic: Regarding oracle reports
Next Topic: Destype parameter attributes.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:07:47 CDT 2024