Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » DBCA Installation through VPN (10g, HP-UNIX)
icon9.gif  DBCA Installation through VPN [message #524275] Thu, 22 September 2011 08:37 Go to next message
arunkumarsu
Hello DBA's
Iam facing a issue on DBCA Installation, when i tried from off-shore.
a. When Iam connecting a server using production / Model VPN , and try to start Installing DBCA Using X11-Forwarding of putty,
b. DBCA installation Started but its tooo Slow, it takes more than 3Hrs (Started at 9AM and ends at 11.17AM)
c. First time it fails and second time its went to success, Where as when i take alog of server ping request - Iam getting a frequent "Requested time out" due to network flucation.
So let me know is the network flucation affects the Installation through VPN, if So how to overcome and is any workaroud on that ?

Regards
Arun Kumar
Re: DBCA Installation through VPN [message #524279 is a reply to message #524275] Thu, 22 September 2011 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>So let me know is the network flucation affects the Installation through VPN, if So how to overcome and is any workaroud on that ?
fix the networking issues.

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: DBCA Installation through VPN [message #524306 is a reply to message #524279] Thu, 22 September 2011 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunkumarsu
I attached the Ping response during the Installation, let me know if any more details required. Actually Iam trying DBCA to create a database
Re: DBCA Installation through VPN [message #524307 is a reply to message #524306] Thu, 22 September 2011 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunkumarsu
I already attached the Ping response during the Installation, let me know if any more details required. Actually Iam trying DBCA to create a database
Re: DBCA Installation through VPN [message #524309 is a reply to message #524307] Thu, 22 September 2011 21:45 Go to previous message
Guru007
Client VPN connects to Internet cloud with a security and policy Server. This not makes any difference on support activities. But for deployment try to get a client IP with same security and policy of the client network to our desktop

Using my local IP for support activities
Connection-specific DNS Suffix. :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.106.XXX.XXX
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.XXX.XXX
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.106.XXX.XXX

Client IP for deployment
Connection-specific DNS Suffix. :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.16.XXX.XXX
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.XXX.XXX

-- Guru007
Swith over the IP in our local desktop when you are in depolyment. It makes you in network remotely.
Previous Topic: Facing a issue on DBCA Installation, remotely from off-shore.
Next Topic: two different listeners in the same server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:36:40 CDT 2024