Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Facing a issue on DBCA Installation, remotely from off-shore. (10g, HP-Unix)
icon9.gif  Facing a issue on DBCA Installation, remotely from off-shore. [message #524274] Thu, 22 September 2011 08:31 Go to next message
arunkumarsu
Hello DBAs,
Iam facing a issue on DBCA Installation, when i tried remotely from off-shore.
Steps I followed
a. I Connected a onsite desktop through a remote desktop connection (RDP) by using Corp-VPN from off-shore.
b. In the Remote Desktop, again by using production / Model VPN , connected the server which i need to Install DBCA
c. Using X11-Forwarding of putty, Started the DBCA installation.
d. Applied all the Parameters and on Finally clicking Finish to Start the database Creation, Finish button not responding and i can't continue the DBCA Installation. Please let me know What the Issue may be. But it works on the On-site System.
Regards
Arun Kumar
Re: Facing a issue on DBCA Installation, remotely from off-shore. [message #524308 is a reply to message #524274] Thu, 22 September 2011 21:41 Go to previous message
Guru007
Client VPN connects to Internet cloud with a security and policy Server. This not makes any difference on support activities. But for deployment try to get a client IP with same security and policy of the client network to our desktop

Using my local IP for support activities
Connection-specific DNS Suffix. :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.106.XXX.XXX
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.XXX.XXX
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.106.XXX.XXX

Client IP for deployment
Connection-specific DNS Suffix. :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.16.XXX.XXX
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.XXX.XXX

Swith over the IP in our local desktop when you are in depolyment. It makes you in network remotely.

-- Guru007
Previous Topic: Oracle forms 6i call form via static ip
Next Topic: DBCA Installation through VPN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:21:06 CDT 2024