Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » What is best place for report? (6i)
What is best place for report? [message #522072] Tue, 06 September 2011 06:15 Go to next message
saqib4882

Hi..

I m new in reports. My project is almost complete with tables and forms but reports are remaining. I don't know how can make best reports in project. please tell me what is best place for display my reports. Menu will be better or any other????

thanks

saqib khan
Re: What is best place for report? [message #522080 is a reply to message #522072] Tue, 06 September 2011 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
What do you mean by display your reports?
Re: What is best place for report? [message #522084 is a reply to message #522080] Tue, 06 September 2011 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It depends on the requirement; some reports are called from a menu, while the others are called from a form. It doesn't mean that the latter ones can't be called from a menu; choose the option you consider the best.
Re: What is best place for report? [message #522543 is a reply to message #522072] Mon, 12 September 2011 05:30 Go to previous message
msol25
hi saqib,

Oracle Discovere is a Oracle Datawarehousing reporting tool and it requires administrator to access EUL.Discoverer
divided into 2 modules:

a) Desktop Edition
b) Administration Edition

1) Administration Edition: In this we are creating business flders and custom folders within that business area and
then putting adhoc queries in custom folders

2) Desktop Edition: Accessing business area and custom folder and then running adhoc .sql.Then we are using
2 Dimensional / 3 Dimensional views to show your data.

Normally in Finanacial banks Oracle Financial services Application(OFSA) used with discoverer.

please find link for getting brief introduction for discoverer reporting tool.

http://www.orafaq.com/search/oracle10g%20discoverer
Previous Topic: Generate report to database table
Next Topic: Moving Frames and Objects in Layout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:28:35 CDT 2024