Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Getting stuck in the use of placholder and before report trigger (10G)
Getting stuck in the use of placholder and before report trigger [message #521780] Fri, 02 September 2011 01:21 Go to next message
poojamunj
hello sir,

I created a simple report in which i have four columns,3rd column is the result of subtraction of first 2 columns. In 4th column, i want to display 'recievable' if the amount is greater than 0 else 'Recievable' if amount < 0 else 'N/A' if any of the value from first 2 columns are nul or the amount = 0. for this i wrote the following code in a formula cloumn:

decalre
v_result varchar2(20);

begin
if :CF_Amount > 0 then
v_result := 'Payable';

elsif :CF_Amount < 0 then
v_result := 'Recievable';

elsif :CF_Aount = 0 then
v_result := 'N/A';
end if;

return(v_result);

end;

by executing this i got only partial output. that is only 'payable' is getting displayed. Its not able to execute 'recievable' code. i used placeholder and wrote same code again. still giving me frequency not matched error.
then i saw in help about placeholder, it sugested to use the value of placeholder in before trigger report. Kindly help me how to use it or suggest some alternate way to get the output.

Thank you.
Re: Getting stuck in the use of placholder and before report trigger [message #521804 is a reply to message #521780] Fri, 02 September 2011 03:59 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
You do not want a placeholder here. You want a formula column. And you want to create it in the group that contains the other items. I assume you haven't.
Previous Topic: how to make report high 3.33 inch per page
Next Topic: Text Field Not Wrapping Properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:50:58 CDT 2024