Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Analyzing Reports complexity / find particular function in reports
Analyzing Reports complexity / find particular function in reports [message #514147] Fri, 01 July 2011 16:59 Go to next message
coolguy01
Hi,
I have set of few hundred reports in Oracle Reports 6i and we have to distinguish them in 3 classes as simple, medium and complex reports. I was wondering what are all the various criterias that should be evaluated to do this .. for example the query behind the report or the layout or graphs complexity etc. What should be the basic factors which should help me decide this?

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2011 14:13] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Analyzing Reports complexity [message #514178 is a reply to message #514147] Sat, 02 July 2011 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
So you've been given a task to put reports into these categories. Fine.

Now go and ask a person who gave you that job to explain what is a "simple" or a "complex" report for him (her), so that you'll have some parameters and be able to do that.
Find particular functions in bunch of reports [message #517115 is a reply to message #514147] Fri, 22 July 2011 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolguy01
Hi,
We have a set of reports we are trying to analyze which contain some functionality and which we might think is complex. Is there a way we can determine complexity by size and also if i had to find a particular function in a set of reports is there a way i can convert these files to text files and just search for the keywords in them to find which rdf file contaons those functions. How do I find particular functions i a bunch of reports?
Re: Find particular functions in bunch of reports [message #517121 is a reply to message #517115] Fri, 22 July 2011 14:12 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
See BlackSwan's answers here.
Previous Topic: How to kill a Report Job ID
Next Topic: Anyway to stop report in Before-Report Trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:30:51 CDT 2024