Home » Other » General » Merge between two Databases (Oracle 11g)
Merge between two Databases [message #516503] Mon, 18 July 2011 19:39 Go to next message
Jefries
Hello everybody,

In the company I work at, we have two databases: one is the Development Database, the one we work and develop procedures and triggers and so on...
The other is the Prod database, where another group of developers work, also with triggers, procedures and other Database objects...

I would like to know if it is possible to merge the differences between these two databases.

For example, let s say I have an object, a trigger on the emp table in the dev base, it's called t_emp. In the prod base I have the same object, a trigger t_emp in the same table, since the two bases must be the same, meaning, the trigger must be the same, the table, etc.
Different people will start working in the same trigger, but each team of developers will work in different bases, that is, one team in the prod base and the other in the dev.

At the end of the project we need to merge the trigger, and others objects.

We need to have both of the alterations.

How can we do that?
Is that possible? If not, is there some workaround that could do?

Tahnk you all.
Re: Merge between two Databases [message #516504 is a reply to message #516503] Mon, 18 July 2011 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Is that possible? If not, is there some workaround that could do?

problem & solution have NOTHING to do with Oracle.
This is a decades old problem of software project management.
Software utilities like Subversion, subversion.apache.org, can assist
Re: Merge between two Databases [message #516516 is a reply to message #516504] Tue, 19 July 2011 00:51 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
In addition, developers have nothing to do on a production database/server, they should have NO access.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Oracle standard edition one limitations for huge database
Next Topic: please tell me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:03:44 CDT 2024