Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How To Convert Data from Reports 6i to oracle Table (Windows)
How To Convert Data from Reports 6i to oracle Table [message #515332] Sun, 10 July 2011 10:09 Go to next message
qanita786
How To Convert Data from Reports 6i to oracle Tables

Regards

Faheem
Re: How To Convert Data from Reports 6i to oracle Table [message #515333 is a reply to message #515332] Sun, 10 July 2011 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What does that mean? Reports usually select data FROM tables and display it to the user. It looks as if you'd like to do the opposite. If so (although I can't imagine why would you want to do that), one option is to create a CSV format output, save that file to disk, and then load its contents into an Oracle database (using SQL*Loader or external tables feature).

Another option (I didn't test it and can't do that at the moment) would be to write an After Report trigger that would contain INSERT INTO some_table SELECT <exactly the same query you used in data model>.

It means that a table should look exactly like report's output, data types should match, etc.

What problem are you trying to solve?
Re: How To Convert Data from Reports 6i to oracle Table [message #515955 is a reply to message #515333] Thu, 14 July 2011 05:26 Go to previous message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
Congrats, Report data is already in oracle table.
Previous Topic: Oracle Reports in Excel format
Next Topic: Report not reading the parameters passed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:14:56 CDT 2024