Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Alter databse link in Discoverer Admin (disocverer 10g)
Alter databse link in Discoverer Admin [message #510940] Wed, 08 June 2011 08:02 Go to next message
aarti81
Hi All
I have a business area rfprod and i the folders in it were imported by me from an oracle 10g database. Usually i right click and import from databse, when i get the box instead of the default database i used to select the database and import the folders, but now the databse has been moved to 11g and i cannot access the databse as i have to alter the database link. Can any one please help me as how to do it? Please need help.

Thanks
Re: Alter databse link in Discoverer Admin [message #510972 is a reply to message #510940] Wed, 08 June 2011 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Note: I don't know Discoverer.

If a "database link" you are talking about is this, then it is created as in this example (which means that actual code, used in your database, might be different):
create database link dbl_scott       --> database link name
connect to scott                     --> user we are connecting to
identified by tiger                  --> a user is identified by this password
using 'ora10';                       --> remote database alias (can be found in TNSNAMES.ORA)

Now: if you migrated from 10g to 11g, database links were also moved - at least, I suppose they were. The fact is: remote "credentials" most probably didn't change, so this DBL_SCOTT database link still creates a link to user SCOTT who is identified by its password and is located at the same remote database.

If your database link doesn't work, check what happened - was it a password, perhaps? Is the database alias in TNSNAMES.ORA?

Most probably, the simplest way to make it work would be to ask your DBA to recreate a database link (drop - create). Otherwise, you should investigate what might be wrong.
Re: Alter databse link in Discoverer Admin [message #511076 is a reply to message #510972] Thu, 09 June 2011 08:12 Go to previous message
aarti81
Thanks Littlefoot, i asked my dba and he created the db link .
Previous Topic: Discoverer Plus Hang after successfully export workbook
Next Topic: Printing in one page.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:34:09 CDT 2024