Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Control pages dynamically before printing (Oracle Report Builder 10g, Win XP)
Control pages dynamically before printing [message #508598] Mon, 23 May 2011 06:48 Go to next message
new_oracle2011
Hello everybody,

I just want to ask that can we code number of pages to be printed before printing the report?

Like if we use report builder software of oracle to print a report, this will ask that how many pages you want to print and no of copies you want to make for this report as normally asked with other software before printing.

Actually, I am stuck with a complex query report where every single page has different query to execute. The problem with my report is that when ever user prints the report, the last page comes empty with the page header, no data in it.

What I want is to code, if possible, to print the report avoiding the last page to print. So that every time I can able to control printing pages. For example if report has 10 pages and definitely has data on 9 pages then it can only print up to 9 pages rather than going to print 10 pages.
Re: Control pages dynamically before printing [message #508611 is a reply to message #508598] Mon, 23 May 2011 07:38 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try to paint frames you use (to red, green blue, ... - "white" is impossible to see on white background); the last page's frame belongs to one of groups - detect which one it is and see what can be done to avoid this "empty" page (perhaps one (or more) of settings should be adjusted - such as vertical elasticity, or you should write a format trigger (that will return FALSE so that frame wouldn't be displayed) etc.).

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ORA-00920 error in discoverer
Next Topic: Report Layout changes not reflecting from UI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:01:06 CDT 2024