Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Error in Event Driven Report procedure (Database, 10g Rel.2, Windows Server-2003)
Error in Event Driven Report procedure [message #501581] Wed, 30 March 2011 00:56 Go to next message
mazam

Dear Gurus...I created the following procedure to implement Event Driven Reporting:

CREATE OR REPLACE procedure ABC.eve_drv_rep as
myPlist system.SRW_PARAMLIST;
myIdent system.SRW.Job_Ident;
BEGIN
myPlist := system.SRW_PARAMLIST(system.SRW_PARAMETER('',''));
system.srw.add_parameter(myPlist,'GATEWAY','apsIP/reports/rwservlet');
system.srw.add_parameter(myPlist,'SERVER','rep_appsrv_frhome1');
system.srw.add_parameter(myPlist,'REPORT','y:\02\02\Gry_02_01.rep');
system.srw.add_parameter(myPlist,'USERID','def/xyz@nml');
system.srw.add_parameter(myPlist,'DESTYPE','email');
system.srw.add_parameter(myPlist,'DESFORMAT','PDF');
system.srw.add_parameter(myPlist,'DESNAME','kamrankhan@nishatmills.com');
myIdent := system.srw.run_report(myPlist);
EXCEPTION
when others then
raise_application_error(-20001,'Error sending email.Error: '||sqlerrm);
--Dbms_Put.Put_Line('Error sending email.Error: '||dbms_util.get_detailed_sqlerrm);
END;
/

Procedure is created successfully but when I execute this procedure, I get the following error:

ORA-20001'Error sending email.Error: ORA-20999
ORA-06512: at "Nml.Eve_Drv_Rep", line 17
ORA-06512: at line 1

Can u guess where is the problem?
2ndly I want to know that whether I should give IP address or Application Server Machine Name in GATEWAY parameter?
And in SERVER parameter either I should give the Application Server Machine Name or Report Server name installed on Application Server Machine?
Lastly from where I can get the complete list of Parameters to be added in SRW.Add_Parameter like SERVER, GATEWAY etc.
Please note that we r using Database 10g Rel.2 and Forms and Reports services on Application Server and the report being called was developed in Reports 10g.
Re: Error in Event Driven Report procedure [message #501592 is a reply to message #501581] Wed, 30 March 2011 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Can u guess where is the problem?

No as various exception handlers hide the actual error.

Regards
Michel
Re: Error in Event Driven Report procedure [message #501747 is a reply to message #501581] Thu, 31 March 2011 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazam

then atleast can u tell me that from where I can get the complete list of Parameters to be added in SRW.Add_Parameter like SERVER, GATEWAY etc because I want to read these parameters in detail so that I may have an idea whether I'm doing right or wrong?
Re: Error in Event Driven Report procedure [message #501751 is a reply to message #501747] Thu, 31 March 2011 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
desc swr

Regards
Michel
Re: Error in Event Driven Report procedure [message #501756 is a reply to message #501751] Thu, 31 March 2011 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=oracle+swr+package&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Regards
Michel
Re: Error in Event Driven Report procedure [message #501757 is a reply to message #501756] Thu, 31 March 2011 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That's something new I learnt today. I know there is a SRW built-in package within Reports Builder itself, but didn't know there's another one in a database.
Re: Error in Event Driven Report procedure [message #501771 is a reply to message #501757] Thu, 31 March 2011 06:36 Go to previous message
ramoradba
I learned that What ever the packages that are accessible
using Report Builder are from "Report builder Libraries"

Not through Database.

Sriram

Note :I am sorry ! I have to go through the link and come back here.not seen the link before.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2011 06:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: report server is not getting hit on weblogic server
Next Topic: Report 10g page size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:50:28 CDT 2024