Home » Server Options » Replication » problem_in_orcle_net (oracle 10.2.0.1.0. win xp)
problem_in_orcle_net [message #496130] Thu, 24 February 2011 12:34 Go to next message
m_shehpar
hi all,

i have a query in configuring oracle net for replication...

i have 2 databases at 2 different computers.

master database name with net service name is orcl and ip = 192.168.1.10

client (materialized view site) has database name and net service name = hbfm and ip = 192.168.1.11

now for successful replication, at the client's tnsnames.ora file should i do the following changes:
1. host = 192.168.1.10
2. SERVICE_NAME = orcl

am i right ???

i use oracle 10.2.0.1.0
regards
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496134 is a reply to message #496130] Thu, 24 February 2011 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This is not clear.
tnsnames.ora does not contain lines like you posted, it contains entry with a specific syntax, so post your actual tnsnames.ora entry.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2011 13:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496146 is a reply to message #496134] Thu, 24 February 2011 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Most probably you're right; TNSNAMES.ORA entries allow you to connect to other databases, so you have to point database alias in client's TNSNAMES.ORA to a database on a server. Though, perhaps you'd rather add another entry in there (instead of overwriting the existing one).

So, client's TNSNAMES.ORA might look like
client_database =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.1.11)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = hbfm)
    )
  )

master_database =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.1.10)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
    )
  )
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496160 is a reply to message #496146] Fri, 25 February 2011 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_shehpar
hi little foot,

i had done the same except in the client database (service_name orcl). i was facing problems so i re created the client database with the name orcl. i.e. by now both of my master and client database names are the same (orcl).

my client database tnsnames configuration is like:
HBFM =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.1.10)(PORT = 1521)) --master database ip
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
)
)

and my master database tnsnames.ora file is like:
HBFP =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
)
)

by now i have a problem with registering propagator. i.e (ORA-23394: duplicate propagator)
at the master site i had registered a propagator, but while attempting to register a propagator for the client database i faced this problem. i suspected my tnsnames file, thats why i mentioned this in my post here

[EDITED by LF, by mistake. No changes made]

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2011 00:09] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496164 is a reply to message #496160] Fri, 25 February 2011 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I've never seen such an error, so - everything I can say is quote Oracle:
Oracle
ORA-23394: duplicate propagator

Cause: More than one valid propagator exist.

Action: Unregister any duplicate propagator.

Sorry for not being able to help any further, I don't even know what a "propagator" is (but I'll take a look).
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496167 is a reply to message #496164] Fri, 25 February 2011 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_shehpar
ok i will wait but please confirm my tnsnames.ora file for client. i have put the host address of master database....

plus i was told to put the service_name = master_database_name. i got confused so i recreated the client database and kept same names for both master and client and just renamed both net service names for master and client via net configuration assistant

regards
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496175 is a reply to message #496167] Fri, 25 February 2011 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
confirm my tnsnames.ora file for client

Seems to be OK, from my point of view.
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496179 is a reply to message #496175] Fri, 25 February 2011 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Documentation mentions the UNREGISTER_PROPAGATOR procedure; I guess you could (should?) use it to "unregister any duplicate propagator".
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496183 is a reply to message #496179] Fri, 25 February 2011 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_shehpar
actually i am following the oracle recommended book: Replication Management API Reference 10g (10.2).

i am novice to replication and i trying it the way its written in that book... i.e., i created a full fledged OLTP and supposed it as a master site. gave the repliction admin all the rights, registered propagator and reciever, created proxy master site user...

then on the other machine i installed anoter database and created a materialized view admin, gave rights, created a propagator but when i tried to register the propagator i confronted this problem...

the copy of my spool where i got the error is as follows:

SQL> BEGIN
2 DBMS_DEFER_SYS.REGISTER_PROPAGATOR (
3 username => 'propagator');
4 END;
5 /
BEGIN
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-23394: duplicate propagator
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DEFER_INTERNAL_SYS", line 1572
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS", line 2460
ORA-06512: at line 2

since in that book, configuration of the oracle net was not explained thus i am having serious problems...

regards...
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496292 is a reply to message #496183] Fri, 25 February 2011 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_shehpar
hi

i got my problem 90% fixed. my suspicion was right... the way i was configuring my tnsnames.ora files was
incorrect. i was accessing master from client but i was not accessing client's own database. the correct version
of both tnsnames.ora file that had to be the same at master and client site is as follows

HBFM =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.1.11)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)

HBFP =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
)
)

HBFM is materialized view site for HBFP. each tnsnames.ora file had to have a net service name and hence an
access to the other participating database .

now the other mind teaser that i am confronting is that OracleDBConsoleORCL service at the client site hbfm (in services.msc of windows xp)
is unable to turn on, due to which master site HBFP can not connect to the client database HBFM.

even while configuring the tnsnames.ora file at the client site via the net configuration assitant, the service test
failed to connect to hbfm. ora-12170 is the error prompted...

can u help me at this now???

another question i want to ask,, should i index only the foreign keys and replicate these indexes only or should i replicate all the indexes that i have in my master schema ???

the book that i am following has explicitly mentioned to index the foreign keys and replicate them, but it didnt replicated the other indexes while mentioning the examples of replication...

waiting for help

regards...
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496317 is a reply to message #496292] Sat, 26 February 2011 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
the correct version
of both tnsnames.ora file that had to be the same at master and client site is as follows

That's what I told you in message #496146.

Oracle

ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred

Cause: The server shut down because connection establishment or communication with a client failed to complete within the allotted time interval. This may be a result of network or system delays; or this may indicate that a malicious client is trying to cause a Denial of Service attack on the server.

Action: If the error occurred because of a slow network or system, reconfigure one or all of the parameters SQLNET.INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT, SQLNET.SEND_TIMEOUT, SQLNET.RECV_TIMEOUT in sqlnet.ora to larger values. If a malicious client is suspected, use the address in sqlnet.log to identify the source and restrict access. Note that logged addresses may not be reliable as they can be forged (e.g. in TCP/IP).

As of your last question, sorry - I wouldn't know.
Re: problem_in_orcle_net [message #496336 is a reply to message #496317] Sat, 26 February 2011 23:57 Go to previous message
m_shehpar
thanks for your help, may be i didnt understand you earlier. and for the second question i caught my stupidity very late. actually my firewall was turned on which was preventing the connection

thanks again for help
Previous Topic: ORA-26672: timeout occurred while stopping STREAMS process STRMADMIN_APPLY
Next Topic: problem_in_CREATE_MVIEW_REPGROUP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:18:00 CDT 2024