Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Problems faced after installing solaris 10 in oracle virtual box 4.0.2 (virtual box 4.0.2 Host os windows xp Guest os solaris 10/9)
Problems faced after installing solaris 10 in oracle virtual box 4.0.2 [message #490414] Mon, 24 January 2011 14:43 Go to next message
venkat7819

Hi All
i have installed Solaris 10/09 os in oracle virtual box 4.0.2

Im facing following problems as mentioned below
1. I have installed usb driver and network driver for the virtual box and i have successfully installed the extension packs also . while logging in to virtual machine
it captures my usb keyboard and usb mouse ,it not allows them to access the application of host os(windows xp) until i logout from virtual machine.

2.Usb mouse is working in virtual machine but im not able to see the mouse pointer and then i can identify the mouse movement when mouse acceleration is very slow.

3.I can't able configure Internet connection for virtual machine in default adapter NAT.when i change the setting to host only network adapter
VM doesn't boot it runs continuously with the message conflict with ip address

4.Can't able to adjust the screen resolution more than 800 x 600 .

Can you suggest me the solution for all these problems

Re: Problems faced after installing solaris 10 in oracle virtual box 4.0.2 [message #490415 is a reply to message #490414] Mon, 24 January 2011 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You are in wrong place and talking about the version released last week.
I suggest you to post somewhere like this
http://forums.virtualbox.org/
Re: Problems faced after installing solaris 10 in oracle virtual box 4.0.2 [message #490416 is a reply to message #490414] Mon, 24 January 2011 15:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I can't help, sorry. Hopefully, someone else will be able to assist.

However: note that OraFAQ forum deals with Oracle database problems. The fact that Oracle bought Sun and, all of the sudden, Sun virtual box become Oracle virtual box and "Oracle" became a keyword doesn't mean that a database-oriented forum is the right place to discuss such questions. Therefore, perhaps you should ask for assistance on some other forum(s) as well, maybe the ones oriented to operating system issues rather than database ones.
Previous Topic: Compatibility Versions
Next Topic: MAILX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:51:42 CDT 2024