Home » Other » Training & Certification » What is OCM? (Oracle 10g, Windows)
What is OCM? [message #489824] Wed, 19 January 2011 08:12 Go to next message
manirocks
What is OCM in oracle certifications?

In what way this becomes useful to us/

I have OCA certification, am i eligible to attempt this?

-- Manikanth
Re: What is OCM? [message #489826 is a reply to message #489824] Wed, 19 January 2011 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ Oracle Certify Master.
2/ No, you have to be OCP before, then take course...

Regards
Michel
Re: What is OCM? [message #489829 is a reply to message #489826] Wed, 19 January 2011 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manirocks
One question to all the senior members

How do you solve the queries so well, is it because you have experience or what ? Asking this question because i browse ORAFAQ heavily but when i read the questions then my mind will be blocked for sometime and i am not able to contribute to any of the questions.. ill throw my oca certificate in the river Sad

One final word..Please tell me how to improve on SQL PLSQL and to understand the questions, so that i can contribute too..

--Manikanth
Re: What is OCM? [message #489832 is a reply to message #489829] Wed, 19 January 2011 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Experience/practice and reading the docs.
Re: What is OCM? [message #489861 is a reply to message #489824] Wed, 19 January 2011 11:39 Go to previous message
John Watson
Quote:
What is OCM in oracle certifications?
It is one of me!
Whether it is useful, depends on your employer.
If you are permanently employed by an Oracle user, then the qualifications are not immediately valuable: your employer will know whether you can do your job.
If you work for a consulting company (as I do) then qualifications are essential: firstly, because many companies, governments, and NGOs will not award contracts to consulting companies that do not have qualified staff; and secondly, because they can justify a higher charge rate for OCMs than OCPs.
On a personal level, you should do everything exam you can: firstly, they are fun; secondly, they force you to study; thirdly, you never know when you might have to change job. Many employers will never recruit a DBA who is not qualified: they don't have time to read hundreds of job applications, so all the unqualified applicants go in the bin.
Previous Topic: Optimizing the Queries
Next Topic: A sql question on 047 Exam
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:34:19 CDT 2024