Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Moving fields in oracle reports
Moving fields in oracle reports [message #482609] Sat, 13 November 2010 19:35 Go to next message
pverma
Hi all

I would like to get some help in oracle reports.
In my requirement i have to move a field from bottom to the first page of report. I try to drag the field but i think it's in multiple frame .i am very new to oracle reports please advise me how can i work with multiple frame in layout wizard.

thanks
Re: Moving fields in oracle reports [message #482624 is a reply to message #482609] Sun, 14 November 2010 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do "multiple frames" mean that there are several groups there (based on a single query, perhaps)? If so - in Data Model editor - first drag that field from the group it is now into another one. Then, either delete layout and let wizard create a new one (which might not be very good solution if this is a report you (or someone else) put a lot of effort to create that layout), or - in Paper Layout editor - set confine and flex to Off and then drag a field into its new frame. You have to do that carefully, because you might spoil everything and, if you don't have a backup copy, you'll eventually have to create the layout from scratch (because you won't be able to fix it).
Re: Moving fields in oracle reports [message #483302 is a reply to message #482624] Fri, 19 November 2010 19:48 Go to previous message
pverma
Thanks,

I set the confine off and then drag the field, it's working.
Previous Topic: Using if condition to generate reports
Next Topic: Character based report in 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:26:29 CDT 2024