Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how_to_add_aggrigate_functions_manually (Report Builder 10.1.2.0.2,)
how_to_add_aggrigate_functions_manually [message #481082] Sat, 30 October 2010 04:48 Go to next message
m_shehpar
hi all,

i want to create a blood donor report, which consists of his profile, donations_n_tests details, donor_to_patient tracking. each is a different table which i have imported to the layout.

now the problem is that for the 1st ever layout that i make via the report builder wizard, it offers me to choose aggrigate functions (like sum, cout, avg, etc). but for the rest of the tables that i import into this layout via ADDTIONAL LAYOUT OPTION (report block. it does not offer me these summary functions.

actually i can only configure aggrigate functions via the report layout wizard, perhaps report builder is not that friendly like form developer where we can put a display item set calculation mode to summary and specify the column for the aggrigate function

is there a way out for me???? please give me a start at it

regards...
Re: how_to_add_aggrigate_functions_manually [message #481105 is a reply to message #481082] Sat, 30 October 2010 15:53 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
But of course you can create a function by yourself! Do that in Data Model Editor (that's the one where you can see your queries). There's a toolbar there - check what those buttons do. It seems that you'll need to create a "summary" column. Take care about its placement (whether it is a report-level column or the one that belongs to a certain group.

If you aren't an experienced Reports user, you might have problems creating the field in Layout Editor, so - perhaps you'd better delete current layout, run wizard and let it create a new layout (which would then include summary columns you created).
Previous Topic: dis51usr.exe: How to run a multisheet report with different parameter?
Next Topic: file download - security warning unknown file type rwservlet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:56:02 CDT 2024